Ch 36 | He Said It

Ch 36 | He Said It

Y/n's Perspective

My head spun as the horses below me ran around the field. The vibrations from the noise over my ears were causing a disorienting feeling as I struggled to process.

All that took sight was flames ravaging over the hamlet afar. As I neared closer to the hamlet of Bainsburgh, I could feel the heat hit like wind toward me. That once cold wind became hot.

"W-What's happening?" I breathed out, finally hopping off the horse and letting it loose.

Sebastian followed behind, jumping down the horse, but instead of bringing it back to the farming area, he opened the gate to let the other animals free.

"I-I don't—" His sweaty brown hair swished as he tried to roam away the animals from the flames, letting it free, "—know, but...Aguamenti!"

I could see a gush of water splash out of Sebastian Sallow's wand as he attempted to wash down any fire that was in the way.

I adjusted the dress I wore for the holiday night, grabbing the fabric and beginning to run closer into the burning hamlet.

"No," Sebastian warned, using one hand to take hold of my wrist to stop me as he used the other to continue to water the fire.

I gave out a feared breath, the horrific screams and chaotic noises taking over me as I reflected on the once-hamlet.

"Sebastian, everyone is in there—"

"I know, but the fire is growing abruptly." He sweated at me, "Use the watering spells you know. Do you know any? Were you taught any the sixth year?"

I blinked once, becoming obvious over his words. The late-magic learner within me shook and I realized the most powerful spells I learned were from him. From Sebastian Sallow.

Before I could think of a proper answer, I felt the push of Sebastian dragging me into the hamlet. The heat progressed as we strolled alarmingly into the rough dirt.

My posture redirected as familiar faces approached us, frantically trying to talk, but unable to form complete sentences. Their voices were in panic and distress.

I recognized one of them covered in black ashes; he was the guy who played entertainment every morning in the hamlet with instruments and music. The one that was just inside the home.

"Help us! Please, help us!"

Sebastian lifted a hand, stopping the man from getting much closer, and extended his other arm to create a protective layer for me.

"What happened, Billy? Where is everyone?" Sebastian asked firmly.

Billy, the musician, took off his hat and tried to explain what was happening, but it was hard from all the fear and emotions they were struck with.