Ch 30 | Forbidden Butterfly

"Forever in my mind,
and memory,"
Ed Sheeran

Third Person Perspective

Sebastian Sallow stood in that abandoned home for quite a while; if the bread in his hand were to be alive, it'd be drying out by now.

The man contemplated on his last conversation with Y/n Y/l/n. He wondered whether he had spoken the right words or asked the wrong questions for her to leave the way she did.

But mainly, he wondered what Garreth Weasley possibly did that night in the Slytherin Common Room.

"You weren't the only one that hurt me in the Slytherin Party that night,"

Sebastian blinked, staring at nothing but the wooden wall in front of him.

The Amortentia effect Isabel Prewett must've had on him was severe. Or his rush to find Y/n was so high, he didn't bother to check if she was with Garreth — as if, he didn't have his evil eye on Garreth Weasley since day one.

"I don't miss him."

Although Sebastian thought about many things that night, there was this sort of ease he felt within him at the satisfaction that Y/n Y/l/n, did in fact, not miss Garreth Weasley. It almost brought a half smile to his face.

That confirmation brought enough positivity to the freckled man, giving him access to finally settle the, now, squished bread beside the counter of the sink before eyeing the gifted basket on it.

Sebastian's long fingers caressed over the well-undone bow wrapped in the brown basket and looked down at the opened note.

Sebastian & Emilia

Happy Holidays,

I stirred up a dress and a suit for you two the past night.

We expect to see your lovely faces this evening

Agnes & family

Sebastian gave a light chuckle at the name change he had given to Y/n.

He wasn't very fond of giving her such a random name. He truly enjoyed calling her by her first real name, but sometimes, sometimes it was quite difficult.

There was this deception regarding her. It wasn't her fault, it never was, but his last year of torture affected him mentally; those dementors were harsh. Extremely, horrifically harsh. The thought made him flinch.