Ch 2 | The Return

• Ch 2 | The Return •

Y/n's Perspective

I struggled to focus in class afterward. My mind had drifted elsewhere. The day suddenly seemed endless, with each class dragging on longer than the last.

I crossed paths with Ominis Gaunt in Potions that afternoon. His presence wasn't helping my eagerness of wanting to drag him by his hand and make me see Sebastian, but my impatience wouldn't help the situation.

But Sebastian was all I thought about. What could he have possibly been doing all summer? Did he look the same? Does he have more hair now? I wondere—

"Mind if I take this space?"

I blinked, pretending to focus on my potion, and nodded, not paying much attention to the approach.

The sound of ingredients was placed beside me and still, I kept my gaze on the on-going cauldron that kept brewing below me.

"I don't ever remember you taking potion brewing seriously."

Finally, I flickered at the observant figure and almost backed away at the presence of Garreth Weasley beside me.

My mouth opened slightly from the unexpected fact that Garreth chose to take the space beside me on the four-student table. There were seven tables and a few were blank.

"Garreth, I, uh," I thought of an easy excuse, "Well, summer changes you." I lied with a smile.

I can only predict his girlfriend hadn't been around, but when my eyes scanned over the almost full classroom, the familiar dark brown and ginger mixed hair peaked from the opposite side.

Isabel Prewett.

Leander Prewett's second cousin. Now, you could've taken notice they were related from the familiar red hairs, but Isabel's hair was on the brown side. And her facial structure must've come from her mother's side.

Considered the most prettiest girl, well in my head, the once perfect white smile now seemed to go away as she eyed me evily toward the interaction with Garreth.

It was rumored they broke up a little before the seventh year started, but I'd like to believe they were taking a break. They always seemed to have couple fights since last school year.

I couldn't compete with Isabel. Although things were settled now — there wasn't a moment where I wasn't fully neglecting my own worth looking at such a perfect girl like her.

Fifth Year

"Alright, so apparently, Salazar Slytherin had a secret scriptorium here in Hogwarts?" Sebastian's voice echoed through my ears.