Ch 19 | Scars

• Ch 19 | Scars •

Ch 19 | Scars

"Underneath it all,
I'm held captive by this hole inside,"
Alex & Sierra

Y/n's Perspective

"How are you feeling?" Poppy Sweeting asked one Wednesday.

I admired as her small hands caressed over the hippogriff's feathers. Highwing's beak began to lower more and more as she ate the food Poppy provided.

I rarely took use of the Vivarium. Not that I didn't care about the animals; Deek will sometimes take over through my absences, but so has Poppy Sweeting. I've lacked on my visits in the Room of Requirement, so I was glad I could rely on someone to care for it and the beasts.

"Feeling?" I finally took in Poppy's question. My hands lowered, extending over the nearest Puffskein and petting it, "I could be better."

It wasn't difficult opening up to Poppy Sweeting. She held such a pure and innocent soul within, I knew that no matter what was told, whether it was inappropriate or light, Poppy would always see the brightness in it.

Although she wasn't fully convinced about sharing my lips with Garreth Weasley inside a Hospital Wing last week, Poppy was glad I was doing well. I also opened up about the odd rupture between Sebastian Sallow and I — that one did concern her.

"Don't you look at it as strange?" Poppy questioned, looking at a distance and thinking about her own question.

It was strange. Everything was strange.

"Strange?" I repeated her last words, still keeping my petting over the Puffskein.

"Yeah, I mean," Poppy stopped petting Highwing and set her strands of hair behind  her ears as she opened up, "I know we don't speak much about Sebastian anymore, but your feelings are validated. It's strange of him to act that way."

I shrugged, taking in the truth, "Everything is strange, Poppy. He was in there for a year. An entire year. Nearly more than I've known him. It's strange." I kept repeating, referring to Azkaban.

Poppy nodded, wanting to avoid the topic, but kept speaking her mind. I didn't blame her, people were confused. I was confused. It was a turn of events from the fifth year.

"I have him for Beasts class with Professor Howin." She reminded, "He always seems intrigued with the animals and never bothers anyone."

I stopped petting the Puffskein and nodded, dusting off my pants from all the animal fur.

"That seems hard to believe. Almost every class I have with Sebastian Sallow, something feels...off." I admitted.

Poppy kept nodding.