Chapter Two | Lily POV

As we step out of Harper mothers car, I feel the humidity hug my skin telling me summer has come early.

"Thank you, Mrs Milano. See you later on." I say as I shut the car door.

Harper waves to her mum before looping my arm as we head toward Johnathan's house.

First stop the bar.

"Ooh Goddess how much I love vodka." Harper states.

I giggle, "you and your 'Goddess'." and roll my eyes dramatically.

Harper blushes and takes a sip of her drink.

A song came on and I point to the sky, looking at Harper with widened eyes while sipping my vodka.

"Our song!" Harper cheers and puts her drink down and pulls me onto the dance floor.

We dance and sing to the lyrics, before we knew it everyone was watching us. After the song finishes, I feel a tap on my shoulder only to spin around and find Jake, the captain of the football team standing there.

Blushing at the surprise of him standing there in front of me I say a friendly, "hi Jake." Giving him a warm smile.

"When you get to Wolf Lake College, look me up and we'll hook up." He said.

"Oh I'll be ok." I awkwardly reject him without realising.

Harper shoulder nudges me, "of course she will, Jake." She agrees.

Just then Roxy Pierce, the head cheerleader waltz over and puts her hand on Jake's shoulder. Her and Jake have had an on and off again relationship almost all of high school.

"What have we here?" She sang fluttering her fake eyelashes.

Harper teases, "oh Jakey boy is just organising a college hook up with Lily here."

Roxy's eyes widen and you could literally see the anger build in her eyes.

Looking down at me, up and down through her tacky lashes she spits, "skank" before flicking her golden locks and walking away.

"Harper!" I yell as I smack her on the arm.

Jake laughs and winks at me before walking away.

"That was so embarrassing, I don't even like Jake!" I explain, "now Roxy is going to hate me more than ever!"

I begin to shake my head remembering all the torment Roxy inflicted on me throughout high school.

I wonder what college Roxy chose?

Later that night Harper begins talking to a couple of guys. I feel out of places so decide to go for a walk to the pond at the edge of the garden.

Feeling more comfortable away from the crowd, I sit by the pond and take off my shoes. As my toes welcome the cool grass I watch the moons reflection in the still pond.

Suddenly, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I feel like I was no longer alone.

My senses told me someone was watching me.

"Who's there?" I call out.

Memories of the monster in my dreams appear in my mind and my heart beat quickens, so I decide to leave. Picking up my shoes I start to walk back to the party.

The sound of a twig crushing made me spin around on my heels.

"Go away!" I threaten.

Suddenly, the sound of giggles fill the air.

Roxy and her crew.

"What do you want, Roxy?" I asked feeling annoyed.

"What I want is for you to stay away from Jake." She replies rudely.

I laugh.

"I don't care about Jake, you can have him. He came up to me first." I explain.

"I don't know what it is," Roxy questions as she walks up to me. "You're such a weirdo, why would he waste his time with someone like you?" She finishes.

"Well maybe he sees something in me that he doesn't in you, I think it's called brains!" I snap back as I start to walk away.

From behind, Roxy grabbed hold of my copper locks.

"Let go!" I scream as I struggle to untangle Roxy from my locks.

Roxy and her friends begin to laugh loud like a bunch of hyenas. This frustrates me and something inside me wanted to fight back. I twist my body, yank Roxy by her shoulders and start wrestling her in hope she would let go. Roxy doesn't let down and we begin to turn in a complete twisted mess and accidentally both fall into the pond. The laughing instantly stops and Roxy let out a blood curdling squeal.

"You bitch!" She screams, "you have ruined my dress." Roxy stands up and walks to her friends and they rush her back to the house.

Hey Guys,

I bet we all have come across our very own Roxy in life!

What a bitch.

How are you liking the story-line so far?

Vote, comment, share!

Love Ophelia Blake x