Chapter Fifty Four | LILY POV

Trying to wrap my head around the fact that I've had a long lost family this whole time. Anya and I arrive at a beautiful estate on the skirts of town.

Taking in its beauty, noticing it reminds me of Wolf Creek Manor.

"Wow this is so much like..." I begin.

"The Manor at Wolf Creek." Anya answers for me.

"Wait. How did you?" I start.

Anya laughs, "oh Lily, there is so much to learn."

That indeed.

Upon arriving Anya and I exit the car and make our way to the door.

Inside Anya pulls her coat off and yells, "we're here!"

I look around and take in the Mediterranean interior when I see I little old woman rush into the hall.

"Oh it's her.. get over here sweetheart. We are so happy to see you!" She says as she bear hugs me.

Soon enough an older man and middle aged woman walk into the room.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed, Anya steps in and says, "guys, give her some space, you can get to know her over lunch." As she walks into the dining room.

~

At lunch I can't help but feel awkward having the whole family's eyes on me.

"So Lily," tell us a bit about yourself. The older man, who I've learned is my grandfather Harald, says as he brings his fork to his mouth.

Blushing at his request, "um my name is Lily.. White and I am 18 years old."

"Where have you been hiding all these years?" The middle aged woman, my Aunty Freydis, asks.

"Edgewood. I grew up in Edgewood and recently moved up to Wolf Creek for college." I explain.

"Ah Wolf Creek, of course." The older woman, my grandmother Helga answers, "we know it well."

"So you guys ruled there right?" I asked looking for confirmation.

"For centuries." Harald expresses.

I feel so sad for them. They seem like great people, it kills me to know my mates father ruined their lives for power.

"Tell me what my father was like?" I say finally finding the courage to ask.

"You look just like him." Helga inputs.

"Yes, yes she does. It's kind of eerie isn't it." Freydis adds.

"You have Floki's features but your mothers hair." Anya finishes.

I never knew that. My mother never said. Somehow this whole time I just assumed I took after my mother. We never-ever spoke about my father. I guess I was too young to ask before she died.

"Floki was a great Alpha. You would have been proud - I was so proud. He had a great head and heart." Harald tells me, "we shouldn't have intervened."

"Intervened. How?" I ask curious.

"By separating him from your mother. She made him happy. But we chose power over love and thoroughly suffered for it." Harald explained.

"How did they do it. The Blacks I mean. How did they kill him?" I ask.

"Making him weak I tell you!" Harald states.

"Harold! Not now." Helga interrupts.

"Weak?" I question wanting them to elaborate.

Anya reaches for my hand on the table and squeezes.

I look down at our hands confused with her gesture before Harald speaks up, "Lily dear, they made him weak by taking the one thing he loved."

Confused. I look in their eyes trying to search for clues of what was about to come next.

"Alpha Black killed your mother to make Floki weak enough to take the throne." Anya finished.

My soul left my body and smashed like glass upon its return.

"We didn't know about you, if only we did we could have protected you." Freydis adds.

"Heck, she was his only heir, Freydis. If only we knew about her existence, the Ruze would still rule." Harald says.

There is no way.

They are lying to me.

Daniel would have told me.

The realisation seeping in. I feel cold and empty inside.

Numb.

"Wait, father. She's only known up until a couple of months ago that she is a werewolf." Anya tells Harald.

"With lots of work we can train her up to greatness." Harald counters.

"Stop!" I growl angrily, the room shakes. "I've just discovered my mother was murdered and you're already plotting my revenge." I say as I stand up and sweep anything in my reach off the table.

"Of course, Lily. We just want you to know we are here for you is all." Helgas gentle voice soothes the room.

Moon Goddess please!

If you can hear me, make this not true.

"With that little incident I'd say she's showing signs of greatness already." Harald inputs.

My mother was murdered.

My mother was murdered by Alpha Black.

My mother was murdered by Daniels dad.

A tear escapes my eye just before streams of wetness flow down my face among uncontrollable sobs.

Anya rubs my back as she tries to soothe my emotions.

"Why didn't Daniel tell me?" I sob through tears. He has already kept so much from me, surely he didn't keep this from me too.

"Daniel? As in Daniel Black?" Freydis questions.

"Yes, Daniel Black.. my mate." I sob.

The whole room falls silent.

Feeling uncomfortable from the silence I wipe the tears from my eyes and look up at them.

"What?" I ask.

"Daniel Black. Alpha Blacks son is your mate?" Harald questions.

"Yes!" I sob.

"This is huge," Helga states. "It's obvious that the moon goddess always had intentions for Lily to have power. Whether it be her being the true heir or a Luna. She would be in the exact same spot either way."

I need to see Daniel.

I need answers.

"Take me back to Wolf Creek, please!" I beg looking at Anya, "I need to see Daniel."