Chapter Nine | Daniel POV

Lily.

Her name is as beautiful as her. With her long copper locks perfectly tied into a side braid resting nicely against her left breast. I avert my eyes not wanting to creep her out.

That pink nightie though.

Stop it Daniel.

Focus.

I focus on her forest green eyes and start to get lost in them.

"There you are Lil, I couldn't find you for a second there." A voice from behind interrupts our moment.

Dammit.

She smells like a rogue, who is she to Lily?

She instantly senses my Alpha wolf and cowers immediately, bowing her head avoiding eye contact.

I better leave. Something just isn't right. It's like Lily doesn't realise I am her mate.

I turn and walk away.

~

Visiting dad is always hard, but he expects me to take over the family business so I kinda have to.

I leave the house early and decide to take a walk through Wolf Lake before heading over to see him.

I near the dorm where I last saw her, it stands silently as the morning sun lightens it up. I see someone standing outside, a closer inspection I see her friend, the she-wolf who interrupted us last night.

What is she doing?

Suddenly the dorm building doors open and there she is, like a song bird dancing she makes her way to the bottom of the stairs to her waiting friend.

She drinks coffee.

I note as the she-wolf passes her a cup.

Who are you Lily?

I wonder as I follow the girls in their adventures.

They stop infront of the library, the one with a big statue of my Father in the front. I see her inspect it. I look at the time, I have to go, I make my way back to my car.

Visits back home are never smooth. Dad puts so much pressure on me because I am the one to take on the family business. I turn 21 soon and am expected to rise up to my rightful place, so they say. Not that I am not ready, I just saw how much it consumed my father and how I don't want to turn out like him.

Leaving the mansion I hear my phone chime.

A text from Blade.

'don't forget pizzaria'.

I Jump in the car and head to the pizzaria.

As I enter the doors of the packs favourite hangout, I am instantly greeted with Lilys beautiful scent.

She is here!

The pup in me excites.

I can't see her so decide to find the pack.

"Daniel." The boys all cheer.

"How was it?" Blade questions.

"Shit," I responded.

Just then the sound of laugher made my skin goose. I turn around and see a flash of copper.

Mate.

Lily is sitting at the booth next to us drinking with the she-wolf.

I watch as her nose crinkles and she pulls her hand to her mouth as she laughs.

She is so beautiful.

I think admiringly.

Blade puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Who are we gawking at?" He asks looking in my direction.

"My mate." I state.

"The red head?" He asks excitedly.

"Yeah." I reply watching her flick her long copper lock over her shoulder.

They have been drinking and she is drunk.

The girls draw the attention from a set of three wolves. They make their way to their table. One sits beside Lily and places his arm around her shoulder.

Hey Guys,

Oh-ohh!

What do you think is about to happen here?

I really hope you're liking my story.

Be sure to vote, comment, share and don't forget to hit the + button to add it to your library.

Love Ophelia Blake x