Chapter Fifty Three | LILY POV

It's been 9 days since I found out my mate deceived me. I ran in my wolf from all the way back to Edgewood arriving just before midnight.

Crawling through my bedroom window in my human form I was exhausted and a wreck as I collapse onto my bed and curl up in my covers.

My room is exactly as I left it.

Taking in the scent of my innocence before I left for Wolf Creek I am startled when my bedroom door busts open to find Mr Stanley standing over me with a baseball bat.

My grandmother entering shortly after turning the light on.

When she realised it was me cowering in my bed she screams, "George, stop it's my Lily."

Pulling me into her warm embrace I finally feel a sense of peace for the first time in 4 hours.

"Tea, love?" My grandma asks

Following Mr Stanley and my Grandma down stairs I watch as George reaches for my grandmas hand.

Could they be?

My suspicions are confirmed when my grandma turns on the kettle and Mr Stanley squeezes her butt and I feel vomit rise deep in my throat.

"I'll see you later my love." He whispers in her ear.

Wolf senses, I heard everything!

Eww.

Watching until George was completely out of the house, "grandma, explain yourself, please?" I say with a hint of humour in my voice.

"First, sweetie. Tell me what happened with you." She starts.

The memory of my heartbreak earlier this evening resurfaced.

"Grandma, what do you know about my father?" I start.

Grandmas eyebrows raise and she takes the stool beside me and takes a sip of her tea.

"Lily, dear. Your mother told me this day would come." She proceeded to stand up and open a cupboard and pull out a lock box within.

Unlocking it she retrieves a card and hands it to me.

On the card it read.

'Anya Ruze and a phone number'.

"Grandma, what is this exactly?" I ask curiously.

Grandma taps me on the shoulder.

"She has all the answers you need my dear, call her in the morning."

I finish my tea and give my grandma a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks grandma, I'm beat so I'm going to go to bed. I-uh, I'm sorry to interrupt whatever was going on between you and me Mr Stanley." I try before turning and heading up to my room.

~

I struggle to walk against the wind.

I feel my skin slashing as it whips around me.

Feeling consumed, the trees are closing in on me.

I can't breathe.

The hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

It is here.

The beast that lurks stalks me from the shadows.

I don't dare to turn around to face my doom.

This is not real.

~

Waking up in a cold sweat as I struggle to catch my breath.

My skin is alight and the shower is calling my name.

Stripping off I am surprised to see slashes on my skin.

"My skin slashing as the wind whips around me."

My dream.

This can't be.

That's what I said about werewolves.

I need to know answers.

Wrapping a towel around my body, I walk to my dresser and pick up the white card my grandma gave me.

Anya Ruze.

Who is she?

I pick up the pink landline beside my bed and dial her number.

Ring, ring.

"Anya Ruse.." the voice on the other side speaks.

"Hi, my name is Lily and I've been told you have answers about my father, Floki?" I start.

Silence.

"Where are you, I'll come to you." She demands.

~

I am meeting Anya Ruze at a cafe in Storybrook, the next town over, about an hour away.

Sitting at the quaint setting I wait impatiently for this mystery woman to tell me about the man I never knew.

Taking a sip from my water I look up to see an elegant looking woman entering the cafe.

From the look of her. I know she is the woman I am meeting today.

He eyes set on me and she changes course and walks directly to me and sits down.

"Hi Lily," she begins.

"Uh how did you know it was me?" Looking around the busy cafe.

"You look just like him." She says placing her phone on the table.

Him?

Floki.

I always thought I looked like my mother.

"Who are you?" I begin.

"I am your Aunty." She states.

My Aunty.

I have an Aunty?

I think to myself.

"Did you know my mum?" I ask finally.

"Scar? She was like a sister to me... until.. until they scared her off. We didn't know you existed until now."

"We?" I question.

"The rest of the family. You see my brother and Scar had a forbidden love. My brother was destined to be Alpha and your mother was purely just a human. Our parents forced my brother, your dad, into an arranged married. Our family was the strongest family in the history of werewolves, legend says that we were descendants of mother Serene. They feared a human would ruin our reign. Little did they know pushing your mother away ruined it all. My brother married someone he despised, your mother was his true love, his mate and his broken heart only aided his death. Without her, he had nothing to live for."

I clench my chest at her words.

My parents.. we're in love!

Only to be ripped apart for power.

I see Anya's eyes look over me.

"Lily, how did you get those cuts?"

I let out a huff of defeat.

"I dunno, would you believe me if I told you it happened in my dreams."

Anya reached over the table and held my hand. "Lily, come meet the others. Please. They would want to meet you!" She begged.