Chapter Thirty Four | DANIEL POV

I get a phone call, it's Sasha, Lilys room mate. "Alpha, Lily just left the room," she tells me.

It's 4:25am, "thanks for letting me know." I thank her before hanging up.

Pulling on a shirt, grabbing my boots and keys and I am out the door.

Pulling up to campus, I'm there by 4:40.

I wait close to an hour, thankfully the wolf in me kept me warm because the morning was cold.

She finally emerges from the dorm. She has only a tank top and jeans on, I see her skin goose from here as she tries to wipe away the cold with her hands.

Letting her lead the way I follow from the shadows.

She gets to a tree lined street and I smell the fear come off her. I hear her heart rate increase.

Somethings wrong.

I get the urge to comfort her so I come out of the shadows. As I accidentally tread on a fallen twig, she turns around and the next thing she is in my arms.

Her heart immediately calms the moment she is in my embrace.

"What are you doing here?" she looks up to me.

"I was in the area." I lied.

"Do you want to get a coffee?" She asks.

"Lead the way," I tell her as we continue on to the coffee shop.

We take a seat by the window, we are the only ones in here.

As she sits down I notice what looks to be claw marks on her neck. "How'd you get those?" I ask, concerned, reaching over to touch them.

"I literally woke up with them." She says honestly.

"They almost look like..." I start.

"Claw marks?" She answers for me.

How can this be?

I begin to wonder.

The waitress comes over and takes our order. "Two coffees, please." I order for her.

"Lily, about yesterday." I begin.

"Please don't," she demands.

"No I am serious, we need to talk about it. I am your mate, you are a werewolf." I explain to her.

"Stop. Just stop it." She demands pushing her hand out in-front of her.

"Your father was a werewolf, your mother had a love affair with him, she ran away to Edgewood to raise you." I explain.

"That is all just lies, do you think I believe in fairies and leprechauns too? Just stop." She demands.

"Then explain us? You cant deny us can you?" I say reaching for her hand.

"There is nothing between us, I literally only ran into you 3 days ago." She reminds me pulling her hand away.

"So how do you explain the sudden heart rate when you look into my eyes or the tingles on your skin when I touch you," I say as I reach out and touch her arm instead. Causing those electric sparks between us.

"You feel it too don't you, you feel whole when I am with you, lost when I am without you. You can sense me in a room before you see me." I continue.

She seems to get lost in my words before she shakes it off.

"I still don't believe it, if you're really a werewolf shift right now." She demands.

I run an uneasy hand through my hair, "it's not that easy." I say.

"See," she teases. "You're all lying to me."
Picking up her coffee to take a sip.

I remain silent and also take a sip of my coffee.

Her phone chimes, she pushes it away without looking at it. Frustrated.

"Avoiding someone?" I question.

"Harper! I'm still upset with her, in fact all of you." She says looking up at me.

"Don't be too hard on her, she really cares about you. Even though she is a really terrible minder, she loves you." I tell her.

"Minder? What do you mean by minder?" She demands, confused.

"She was placed in your life to protect you and guide you if you showed signs of becoming a wolf. You had a 50/50 chance of becoming one." I explain.

Tears begin to well up in her eyes, "just stop it already," she growls. "I've got to go!" She says as she gets up to leave.

Watching her leave as she exits the cafe. I decide not to chase her in case it pushes her away more. I will still watch her from the shadows though. I get up and pay for the coffee and leave.

Back in the shadows I watch her, she doesn't reek of fear this time but anger.

Please don't be angry at me.

I hope.

Once I see her reach her dorm building I turn around to head back to the pack house. I have McGregors class beginning soon, I have to get ready.

Speeding back to campus I quickly park my car and lock it as I race to my class. I hope to sit with Lily today, considering I missed her the other day. As I reach the class I see everyone walk in. I stand at the top of the stairs looking into the lecture room to see no other than the guy from yesterday cosying up next to Lily.

Dammit!

I sit three rows back, giving her room.

Class starts and I am too preoccupied to listen to much. My eyes bore on the back of their heads.
She is much happier now, my skin tingles then instantly boils when I hear her giggle at something he tells her.