Chapter Fifty Five | DANIEL POV

I feel empty inside.

My mate has been missing for 10 days now.

Without a trace.

I thought she would have gone back to her dorm room but she never showed up.

I drove down to Edgewood and picked up a faint scent at her grandmothers house. Her grandmother, lovely woman, denied her ever being there but I sensed her lying.

Without a lead I was lost.

She is gone.

The wolf in me stays dormant making me feel weak.

I refuse to talk to my father. He caused this.

I caused this.

I kept this from her.

She deserved to know the truth.

I'm pushing everyone I care about away. Blade must hate me by now, I punched him in the face when he was only trying to help.

My whole world is crumbling.

My whole world.

Lily.

Where are you Lily?

Blade barges in my room.

"Daniel! Get up!" He throws a shoe at me.

"Fuck off!" I growl back at him.

"I just got word that your dad just ordered wolves to the border. Word has it a Ruze has been spotted on pack grounds." He explains.

This caught my attention.

Of course. My clever Lily would sort out her fathers family for answers.

Feeling the wolf in my awaken I am suddenly filled with purpose again.

"Let's go." I says rushing to the door.

Blade leads me to the border where the troops have been sent. Nothing out of the ordinary so far.

"What now, Dan?" Blade asks.

What would Lily do?

What would her plan be bringing a Ruze here?

I got it.

"Quick. Follow me." I order Blade before shifting and dashing into the forest.

Before we know it we are there.

Wolf Creek Manor.

We quickly shift back into our human form and head to a locker located in the garden, to get dressed.

I can faintly smell her scent.

My Lily.

The wolf in me excited to sense our mate again.

But where is she?

We head into the house. I know where she is heading.

My father.

As we enter the house we are confronted by the scene I was dreading.

In our large entrance hall I see her.

Lily.

Her eyes find mine immediately and I feel her heart thud.

She brings her focus back into my father who she has cornered.

"Lily!" I scream. "If you challenge him he will kill you."

I fear the worst.

"I'd rather die than know the truth!" She roars stomping toward me.

"What truth?" I question.

I see the weakness in her as she tries to stay strong, "that you knew the truth the whole time." She tells me.

"What truth? You know everything aleady!" I state, confused.

Tears fall down Lily's face.

"That he killed my mother, to weaken my father so he could steal the throne." She finishes as I feel her heart break through the mate bond.

My father killed her mother?

What? No!

"I don't understand. Father is this true?" I demand.

Silence.

"I asked is this true?" I roar in my Alpha tone.

"You didn't know." Lily realises. Her composure softens.

"So what. I killed her. You wouldn't be where you are today, son, if I didn't do what I did." Alpha Black slyly says as he walks toward Lily.

My heart breaks.

My heart breaks for Lily.

I look at Lily as I feel our connection open again.

'I'm sorry.' I mind link her.

'No, i'm sorry.' She mind links back.

Suddenly my father tries to lunge at Lily so I pounce on him before he reaches her.

Not only did he hurt Lily by killing both  her mother and father but he tried to hurt her now.

Without hesitation I end my fathers life.

Remembering my father back when I was a child. He was a great father, had all the time for me.
Up until 10 years ago.

Yes, 10 years ago...

Right when Lily's mother died.

Killing Lily's mother (and father) cost him his soul.

I too lost my father 10 years ago.

The man whose life I just ended was an imposter. He was not my father.

As I sit here holding my fathers severed head, I am taken from my thoughts by an electric spark on my shoulder.

Lily.

"Daniel." She speaks her voice like an angel.

I look up to see her beautiful face in my view, her eyes boring into my soul so loving and caring.

"Lily. I..." I begin to be interrupted by my mothers loud sobs.

I look over to my mother as she mourns my fathers lifeless (and headless) body below me.

I place my father severed head onto his chest before I grab onto Lily's extended arm as I begin to stand.

Lily leads me toward my mother and I take her into an embrace.

"Mother I am sorry but he was going to hurt Li.." I begin.

"Stop." Mum places her hand on my chest. "He was a monster. He wasn't the man I first mated with." She explain before pulling me back into her embrace.

I kiss my mothers forehead before making my way back over to Lily who is standing beside an older man and three women.

"Daniel. I like you to meet my family." She starts.