Chapter Forty Five | DANIEL POV

So, it turns out this Johnathan is a member of our pack. He was keen to hear the future Alpha will be attending his party.

Upon arriving I am immediately welcomed by several pack members.

She is not here yet.

Making useless small talk with a group of members, my eyes scanning Johnathan's front yard.

I suddenly spot Blade's car pull up.

Harper exits first then walks to the other door and emerges with Lily on her arm.

As soon as I saw her my heart begins to thud to its own rhythm. The sage-green dress hangs to even curve on her perfect body.

Her pups are out.

Why are they out?

They are only for me.

I think angrily and I low growl escapes my throat.

She immediately looks my way and gives me a cold glance.

"Argh! What is she doing here?" I hear a voice from beside me.

I look over to see a petite, blonde girls looking over at my Lily.

"Who?" I ask still looking at her.

"Lily fucking White." She spits.

A protective growl escapes me but she isn't a wolf so she didn't hear.

Who is this bitch hating on my mate?

I think looking back at Lily.

I suddenly see Lily's face light up as she spots someone, out of no where Jake runs over to her and gives my Lily a kiss on her cheek.

His hand, a little too confident placing it on her lower back.

I growl possessively.

The girl next to me spits, "that bitch! Oh I hate her, always wheezling in on my Jakey." She sobs like a brat.

An idea comes to my mind.

"I haven't introduced myself. I'm Daniel Black." I say reaching out for her hand.

She does a long gulp, and takes my hand.

"Hi gorgeous, I'm Roxy, Roxy Pearce." She says fluttering her stupid lashes and with a hint on flirtation in her voice.

Great.

~

I am so sick of hearing this bitch talk about herself.

How very unattractive.

I think as I scan the yard looking for Lily.

"So what did that Lily girl do to you, you know to hate her so much?" I ask curiously.

"Grrr," she began. "That guy she is with tonight was my boyfriend all through high school. That cow always found a way to turn Jakes head. Little slut." She finishes.

"So her and Jake have a history?" I prod desperate to know more.

Has Lily fucked Jake before?

"Not exactly, they've never actually hooked up. She was never in to boys in high school. But for some reason he was drawn to her. Don't worry though, I made her life hell throughout high school," she laughed evilly, "I remember locking her in the locker room. She was there for hours. Until stupid Harper saved her." She spat.

"So you tormented her?" I question her.

"All the time!" She smiled

I fucking hate her.