Chapter Forty Seven | DANIEL POV

With this Roxy chick beside me talking shit, I strategically sit us by the fire so I get a clear view of Lily and Jake.

I see Lily smiling at Jake as he talks.

She feels aroused and blushes.

What the actual fuck!

It takes everything in me not to pounce over there and tear this Jake to shreds. Lily wouldn't like it and will never forgive me, she already thinks I'm too possessive.

She takes a big sip of her drink.

Slow down, baby. You know how drunk you get.

Jake leans over and whispers something in her ear.

What did he say?

They answer my question as they stand and walk down toward the lake.

"Uh Daniel, do you want to go see the lake?" Roxy speaks trying to sound flirtatious.

Best thing she has said all night.

Standing up, I gesture Roxy to lead the way.

~

As we make our way down the hill I can sense Lily close by.

I search the darkness eradically, knowing exactly what people would come down here to do.

Hook up.

Suddenly I sense her closer, I can feel her, she is... she is scared

I leap into the darkness toward her, my teeth in a rage.

As I leap forward, her fear circling my every being, I hear her cry, "Daniel" just as I reach her.

I fly tackle Jake to the ground and start pounding his face. He tries to put up a fight but he is no match to an Alpha.

Damn rouge.

"Daniel.." I her Lily sob behind me.

I get up and start to make my way toward her and before I knew it she was finally in my arms. I hold her face in my hands staring possessively into her eyes. She moves forward and kisses me passionately.

"What is this?" A jealous Roxy comes up front behind us.

"You're such a skank," she spits toward Lily.

Anger builds within me and I bark in my alpha boom, "watch who you call skank. Making Roxy fall backward.

I bring my focus back to Lily, sweeping a stray copper lock behind her ear and kissing her cheek.

"Let's get out of here," I say to my mate. I help her with her dress, pick her up and walk her back up the hill.
I mind-link the pack 'clean up this mess'.