Chapter Eight | Lily POV

After finishing in the shower I continue on and do my nightly skincare routine. I continue to brush  my hair and placing it into a side braid before picking up my things and start to leave.

I still can't shake this fearful electrifying feeling and decide to sleep it out.

Upon exited the bathroom I completely smash into something large.

Was it a wall?

I first thought to myself.

As I slowly look up to see what stopped me dead in my tracks I come to see a guy looking down at me.

"Oh I'm so sorry." I say apologetically feeling an overwhelming sense come over me as I look into his blazing honey eyes.

"Mate." He said suddenly his voice deep and powerful.

My heart quivered and the fearful electrifying feeling sudddntly went away.

"Excuse me?" I replied confused.

"Who are you?" He spoke.

I feel my cheeks go warm.
"Hi, I'm Lily." I reply when I hear a familiar chime behind him.

"There you are Lil, I couldn't find you for a second there." Harper interrupted.

The mystery man turned to look at Harper. The most strangest thing happened. Her facial expressions dropped and she became quiet and submissive then immediately moved out of his way looking down at the floor.

Weird.

In my whole entire friendship with Harper I've never seen her act like that.

The mystery man walked away without saying another word.

"Who was that?" I say, shocked from my encounter with the man.

"No idea." Harper says in a flat tone.

"Hey what was with that, I've never seen a boy shut you up so quickly, you should have seen your face." I tease.

Harper loops my arm and we walk back to our room.

"Hey I was thinking." Harper changes the subject. "Let's explore the campus tomorrow, so we know where our classes are for Monday." She finishes.

"Sounds good, I'm beat and cannot wait to sleep." I say releasing a yawn.

The next morning I feel much more refreshed and eagerly jump out of bed. I am so excited to explore the campus, just thinking how my mother once walked these grounds.

Upon exiting the dorm building, I am surprised to find Harper standing outside holding a coffee in her hands.

She passes me a cup, "here you go." She says and we head on our way.

Looking at the map on her phone she navigates the way.

"So here is the library," she points to a grand building made of stone.
There is a frightening giant wolf statue in front of it.

"Well that's creepy." I comment on the wolf.

Harper stayed silent and moved on to the next building. "This is a lecture hall, mainly literature. Over there is the medical science block." She says pointing to a brown building.

By the end of the tour we figured out where most of our classes were.

"You hungry?" Harper asks. "I've felt like pizza since last night." She confesses.

We both decide to take a break and eat some lunch.

As we enter the pizzaria I notice I didn't have that weird fearful electrifying feeling like I did yesterday.

Weird.

We enter the building and take a seat in the booths at the back.

A young waitress walks over to our table. "What can I get you ladies?" The waitress chimes.

"Erm," I start as I look over the drinks menu, "I'll take..."

Only to be interrupted by Harper, "we'll take two vodka and sodas."  She ordered for me.

"Harpie!" I debate.

Harper nods at the waitress and passes her the drinks menu.
"Come on, it's the weekend. We don't know anyone on campus yet so we won't get invited to any parties and we start school on Monday, loosen up and have fun with it." She says.

The waitress places the drinks on the table, I pick one up and hold it high, "here's to Wolf Lake." I say.

Harper and I clang the glasses and take our first sip.

Harper picks up a menu, "so what kinda of pizza you want?" She says as she looks through the menu.

Hey Guys,

How are you liking it so far?

What do you think on Daniel and Lily's first encounter?

Why is Harper acting so weird?

Be sure to vote, comment and share and if you haven't already hit the + button and add this story to your library.

Love Ophelia Blake x