Chapter Thirty Two | DANIEL POV

"Harper!" I growl as she tries to follow Lily.

She immediately stops.

"Who is he? I know you know." I demand.

Blade moves to stand in true Beta form.

"Tell him now." He demands his mate.

Tears well up in her clear blue eyes.

"I was placed in her life to protect her! Please don't make me do this." She begs, tears falling as she looks desperately at Blade.

"Harp, you know the mate bond is stronger than a friendship bond, you will tell me eventually. Just save yourself the heartache and tell us now. Your future Alpha demands it." Blade pleads to his mate.

"I... i.." she chokes through sobs. "I was placed into her life when we were 8, just after her mother died. Her mother, Scarlett White was a human. She had a forbidden love with.. with..." she said before starting to hyperventilate.

"Continue, please." I beg her.

"She fell pregnant. I was placed in her life as there was a 50/50 chance she would become a wolf. After all these years I was certain she was just a human but since moving here, she doesn't realise you're her mate, Alpha Daniel, but all the tell tale signs are there. Her skin tingles when you touch it, her heart flutters when you look at her. She growled at the lake the other day when she saw you without a shirt on. Then tonight summed up all of my suspicion when she growled with authority..."

Lily feels it too.

My heart thuds.

My mate feels our connection.

But what is Harper trying to get at?

"Harper! Get to the point! I demand, she is telling me everything but what I asked her.

"Her mother had a forbidden love with some guy named 'Floki', this Floki is her father." She finishes.

The whole room fell silent.

Lily comes from a true Alpha bloodline. The Ruze family ruled for century's being the most powerful family in werewolf history - they were like royalty. Rumour has it that their bloodline links back to the moon goddess herself!

How ironic the moon goddess pairing up the two of us. My father challenged and killed her father for the Alpha throne.

"If this gets out, it can become dangerous for Lil. I swore to protect her!" Harper states.

"We all know you haven't done a crash hot job at that now, dont we." I tease.

"I couldn't help falling in love with her, she is my best friend." She pleaded.

That I agree with. Lily is so unique and she would turn my head even if we weren't mated together.

"She still doesn't believe all this wolf stuff, this is going to be hard for her. We need to all keep a close eye on her. Now she isn't going to want us around so we will watch from the shadows. Soon enough the time will come and she will see her true heritage. Do you both agree?" I demand.

"Yes, Alpha. They both say in together.