04

ARES

I walk back to the room that my parents are in and see a new face. I'm assuming thats Katrina. Just as I expected, blonde and bimbo like.

"Ah Xander dear, this is Katrina" Anita says as her daughter looks at me fully giving me a big, creepy smile.

Isn't that the same girl I saw at the club last night? The one throwing the drink in a waitress's face at my club.

"I was just telling your parents about her hobbies, she's such a homebody, always cooped up in the kitchen, cooking something, she made these-"

"I am not marrying her" I say to my father who looks at me with a questioning look.

"Figlio, thats not the proper way to-"

"Papa, era al mio club ieri sera, sciatta e ubriaca, a baciare ogni uomo che vedeva" I say making my mother and hers gasp and my father looks at Colombo with an angry look.
(she was at my club last night sloppy and drunk, kissing every man she saw)

"Capo-"

"We are done here consigliere, the future Donna needs to have her honor intact, it's blasphemous to suggest one that is not, I will be addressing this with the board, you have wasted my sons time" Father goes to leave but Colombo starts begging.

"Capo it was not my intention, I would offer you something else if I had it but I need this alliance, my position is weak after the demise of my brothers, I need this to work" He pleads with him. "I will be disgraced in the Mafia capo"

"As will I!" Father roars making the three of them cower. "A broken marriage pact! Disgusting" he spits.

"I will do anything Capo, I want to fix this mistake my daughter has made-"

"You have another daughter do you not?" Father asks making the Colombo go quiet. I look at him. I hope he is not going to do what I think he is. "Is she the same as Katrina or is her honor intact?" he asks.

"Celine's daughter cannot be less honorable then Celine" My mother speaks for the first time in a while. Who is Celine?

"I wish to see your oldest daughter now Mattia" Father says taking the consiglieres first name making him paler and sweaty.

I sit down and enjoy this incredibly entertaining shit show. I do not care who it is I marry, it will all be the same to me.

Soon, we see the small girl I saw minutes ago enter. Her hair is pinned more neatly now and her face is free of any streaks. She walks towards us but does not go to her father, just stands there like she feels out of place.

"She's beautiful" My mother whispers beside me.

"I think her looks give out the person she is" My father speaks firmly. "She will be the future Donna" He declares making her head snap to her families direction. She then looks at me and her eyes widen in realization. Is she really that unfiltered.

"B-but sire, she is betrothed to Associate Tomasso already" Colombo sputters. I feel spikes of venom in my hollow chest. Probably at the disrespect he is showing.

I look at her again and her head is down this time, she looks scared, I look at her Mother and sister who are both looking at her with hate and anger.

"I do not know of an Associate that will deny the Don or my heir. I do not even see a ring. Have they courted?" Father asks.

"No they have yet to meet, he asked for her hand a week prior" Colombo informs. Good.

"Good, come here ragazza" father motions for her to come closer. My eyes get caught on her upper arm that has a red bruise on it. My jaw clenches. Assholes.

My mother holds out her hand and when she places hers on it, she clasps the girls hand with both of hers.

"Sweetheart are you okay?" She asks her making the girl look up, scared. She nods, glancing at her father in horror.

"The Engagement is tomorrow" Father announces before walking out. My mother says something to the girl then walks out aswell, I do the same after a long last look at her.

ALANA

"YOU SLUT WHAT DID YOU DO!" Katrina launches herself at me making flinch back but father catches her arm and swings her right back.

"You have no right to be angry at Alana, she saved my honor and this family infront of the Don, dont touch her, she is someone else's property now, I can't afford a bruise on her skin." He says before turning to me.

"Go to your room" He says and I thankfully sigh, running out as fast as I can hearing my father say,

"I'm serious do not touch her, she bruises and I will not be so lenient with the two of you" he says. My tears fall freely now.