82

ALANA

I am standing in the bathroom, completely shocked.

"Ares!" I call out with urgency. I hear his heavy footsteps and he soon appears in the doorway fully dressed, his face alarmed.

"What? Are you okay? Is the baby okay? What?!" he says exasperatedly.

"Shh, here feel." I take his large hand in mine, putting it to my bump. The baby again, kicks right where his hand is making me squeal. "Did you feel that! He's kicking!" I squeal excitedly.

"Fuck that's weird." he husks.

"What?" I frown at him. His eyes widen at my expression.

"No! I meant that's so strange that he can do that." he explains. I squint at him suspiciously, removing his hand from me. "Baby come on don't be like that, you know what I meant." he says, walking behind me as I walk to the closet.

"Meany." I mumble, hearing him sigh.

It is so easy it to get annoyed at him. It just feels like he says things without thinking. I'm trying to not be upset but I can't help it, and that's making me even more frustrated.

"Kitten I didn't mean to upset you." He calls behind me as I pick out my clothes in the closet.

"I'm not upset." I tell him without looking at him.

"Baby, I know when you're upset. Can you please look at me." He say. I sigh, turning around.

"Well I shouldn't be upset, I can't help it so you don't need to make nice when you did nothing wrong. I'm just a baby." I sigh frustrated with myself.

"Hey, listen to me, you being a little sensitive is normal, sí? Don't ever think it's bothering me because it's not. I will try to be more mindful of what I say, I promise." He husks, kissing my lips.

"Thankyou. " I whisper, smiling uncontrollably. "It's hard to believe you're the same Ares as the one you were when we first got married." I tell him.

"Well I was an asshole, thats probably why." he says, leaning down and kissing me. "You're feeling okay for tonight?" He asks me. I nod. "Are you sure because we don't have to go, we can just tell them no." he says, holding me close.

"No, I'm fine, theyre Mamas friends, and they're business associates, I don't want to be rude." I hum.

"Okay, Im going to go change." He tells me, leaving with one last kiss on my head. I smile to myself, changing into a short floral dress then going into the bathroom where he is in the shower.

"What would I have to do to get you to strip and join me." Ares asks with a playful smirk on his face. I laugh.

"Wake up early so you can shower when I do." I say, giving him a wink as I walk out.

Silly.

~

I spent the day with Mama, she taught me how she makes risotto. But she didn't let me stand up or go near the stove. Just sit and watch.

Now I am getting dressed for a party we have to go to. It's for Mama and Papa's friends and business people. It's a big ball like party and very fancy.

Not many people know that I am pregnant so I chose a gown that is very flowy and doesn't really show off my bump.

I am truly in love with my necklace

I am truly in love with my necklace. I chose it myself from the vault and it belongs to some ancestor of Ares. But I had quite literally fallen in love when I saw it and Mama and Papa insisted that I take it.

I am very grateful.

After my makeup and hair was done, I put on my dress and jewelry, a tennis bracelet and a blue stone ring. And ofcourse my engagement ring.

Sitting on the small ottoman in the middle of our closet, I attempt to put on my black heels but they seem to get stuck on the ball of my foot. Huh?

I lift up my gown and gasp at the sight of my foot looking atleast two sizes too big for the heel.

But I've worn it so many times before! I feel my nose sting making me scrunch it as the tears descend into my eyes.

"Kitten? Im home." I hear Ares call out as he closes the bedroom door. I sniffle, trying to stop crying, and also so I not ruin my makeup. "Baby?" he asks again, entering the closet and seeing me.

"Fucking hell you look beautiful baby." he says, his eyes trailing up my body, then settling on my face, he frowns. "What's wrong?" he walks over to sit on the floor infront of me.

"It's embarrassing." I whisper.

"Come on little sheep, it's okay, tell me?" He encourages, stroking my thigh.

"My- My feet, are too," I sniffle. "My feet are too big for my own shoes." I cry, quickly reaching up to catch the tears.

" Oh poca pecora, it's okay kitten, sh." He whispers, brushing my hair back.

"But I have fat feet!" I say, louder than I have probably ever spoken.

"Little sheep they're just swollen because you're carrying our baby. Remember we read about it in that book?" he asks, kissing my hands. I sniffle shaking my head.

"I have fat feet." My voice cracks.

"You have perfect feet kitten, here, look what about these? They're black too so they will match." He brings over a pair of black pump heels, slipping them onto my feet. "See? It's not your foot, its the fucking heel, I'll throw it out." He growls. At the heel.

I giggle at his anger towards a shoe.

"You're so silly, Ares." I laugh, wiping my nose. He smiles, leaning up to kiss me.

"Anything to see you smile." he runs his thumb across my lip. "You're going to have to fix your eyes and lips babygirl." He hums.

I scoff, standing up to check the damage. It's not too bad. Pretty fixable.

"Okay, I'm sorry for crying, go change we don't wanna be late." I tell him, leaving him with a kiss on his cheek.

God it's like a roller coaster these days trying to keep up with all the emotions.