108

ALANA

I'm pregnant.

Im going to have another baby. With Ares. We're going to have another child. Ace will have a sibling.

Im going to get so big again.

I walk out of the clinic, the news still sinking in. Now I wish I brought Ares. I don't know why I feel so taken aback by the fact that I am. I already had suspected it.

The doctor informed that I am almost 4 months along. Which is very strange because I have no bump whatsoever ever and I have had absolutely no morning sickness. Perhaps that's a good thing. The doctor said it's normal for second time mothers to not have as many symptoms as their first so I feel okay about it, Im still going to worry till there is a bump.

I'll need to book an appointment with my usually Gynecologist just to see if she thinks everythings okay, and they can see the gender soon too, but I should tell Ares first-

I squeal as a bony hand covers my mouth, my eyebrows furrowing as I struggle to remove the hand from me. An unpleasant, pungent smell overtakes my senses till all I can do is succumb to the numbness.

--------------------------

ARES

Ace and I just got back from riding. I'd been a remarkable equestrian in my college days and I am glad I can teach my son something he loved doing.

Ace insisted on staying downstairs and telling mama all about our time while he sipped the lemonade she had made for him. I left him there, taking of my leather gloves as I climbed up the stairs and opened the door to the room, expecting to find my wife inside.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. She should be in here, I didn't see her downstairs. I wash up quickly, changing into my usual dress pants and button up shirt and go back downstairs to where mana and Ace are.

"Where's Alana?" I ask mama. Her eyebrows come together.

"She did not call you? She said she would call after she got done." Mama frowns. My pulse quickens, a chill of unease going through my spine.

"Done where? Where did she go?" I ask, my voice urgent as I dial her phone.

"Uh the doctor? She seemed secretive I didn't want to pry. She said she would be done by 4 then call you." She says, a worried expression on her face at my restless persona.

Alana's phone goes to voicemail for a second time.

Fuck.

I dial my head of security.

"Sí capo-"

"Track the Donna's phone." I say before he finishes talking. There's a beat, some clicking before he answers again.

"She is at the outskirts of the town? One of the old warehouses. Why would she-"

"Get me a team, she's not answering her phone, she left saying she would be back by 4 and she isn't yet." I say rapidly, running up to my office to get my gun. I sprint back downstairs as I talk. "It is an hour only but this is not like her. Send me her location Ill meet you there." I try to keep my voice even when all I can feel is sheer panic.

I just know somethings wrong. It doesn't fucking make sense. Why is she at the doctor? Why wouldn't she tell me before going? She never leaves for anywhere without telling me, even though Ive never asked. It's unlike her and it is gnawing at me.

"Daddy!" Ace calls behind me making me stop dead in my tracks of my beeline to the front door. "Daddy where's momma?" he asks me, looking up at me with wide innocent eyes. His eyes are exactly the shade of green mine are but they remind me exactly of his mothers.

"She's uh, she's a little busy buddy, but I promise I will bring her back with me very soon." I tell him. My son's expression is more somber than usual and I can tell he knows something is.

"Daddy I miss momma." his lip pouts. My heart clenches. "Is she otay?" he asks, his voice more vulnerable and childish. My chest again, squeezes tightly.

"She is fine. She's great. Just give me an hour tops topillino, momma will be back to tuck you in tonight." I pick him up, kissing his hair and his cheeks.

"You pinky promise?" he asks. I smile at the reflection of my beautiful wife in our son.

"Sí, I pinky promise." I kiss him again, giving him to mama.

I walk out, feeling anger course through my veins. Whoever is stupid enough to have done this, will not see tomorrow's sunrise. I will not pay heed to anything Alana says. I am not sparing whoever the son of a bitch.

It just does not make sense. No one is dumb enough to mess with me. I am not being arrogant it is just the truth, I do not know of anyone who is willing to risk their entire life. It is wide spread and open news that my wife and kid are my everything. In the past three years any and every threat to them has been an example anf there weren't many.

No one was dumb enough to mess with us after what happened when Father lost Elena. And I have done worse without even a fraction of that level of provoking.

It is someone small. Someone insignificant. Someone not linked to a bugger organization or mafia. Someone that has slipped under my nose.

But I will find whoever it is, and they will pay with their flesh and blood.