11

ALANA
(Trigger Warning: Abuse.)

As soon as the car halts infront of the house, Father steps out of the car, walking to the front door. Maybe he will not punish me. I have tried to not say a word, maybe he has forgiven me.

"That necklace would have been mine you slut" Katrina lunges forward but her mother holds her back.

"Leave it, te lo sei rovinato, stupida ragazza." she says with an angry expression.
(you ruined it for yourself, stupid girl)

"Inoltre tuo padre le darà ciò che si merita" She says with a sarcastic smile. I sniffle, walking inside the house to my room.
(Besides your father will give her what she deserves)

I change out of my dress, putting on my long cotton nightgown and then splashing water on my face to wash away all the makeup. I feel my hands shake and the room spin. I should have eaten something at dinner time.

As I am walking over to my bed, my door is knocked on and a maid enters.

"Miss, the Consigliere has called for you in his study" She informs then leaves immediately.

Oh god.

As quickly as I can, I gather myself and walk down the stairs towards the study, knocking lightly on his door.

I have learned that making him wait makes his anger worse.

"Enter"

I close the door behind me and stand by it, not wanting to step forward without permission.

"Do you know what you have done wrong?" he asks making my trembling hands worse. I nod my head looking down. "You are going to be wed soon, and to the future Don. If he only knew the bad luck you have brought since you were born he would not even look in your direction again." he seethed, walking closer with every word.

"If you dare speak ill of me infront of you new husband, I will make sure you are punished with my utmost wrath, do you understand?" He asks, now towering over me. I nod, trying to contain my cries as the floor become blurry with my tears gathering.

"Fucking acknowledge me with words!" he seethes, grabbing my hair to pull my face up to look at him. I cry out as the hot pain shoots through my scalp and makes me feel more dizzy than I already was.

"Y-yes father!" I scream in terror.

"Oh you are so worthless Alana, I loathe the day you came into existence, my parents had never looked at me with disgust before I told them I was willing to leave your knocked up mom. She was just some girl I had to marry for my title, just like the Don's son is you!" he screams making me cry harder.

It is true. Everything he is saying is true.

"Why did the God have to curse me with your wretched face!" he screams, backhanding me so hard, then shoving me in the ribs making white pain sear through me. I fall to the floor wincing in pain.

My cheek throbs at the blow, and I can feel my lip gush blood. My ribs feel like they are broken again.

"Look what you have made me do now stupid girl. You are lucky the Don has taken you, or I would have ruined your face" he spits as I cower against the wall. "Never tell a soul in that house about what happens in mine, you got that, dolore" he asks, calling me the name he called me all my childhood.
(pain)

I nod whimpering out a "Yes"

"Get out of my sight Alana, you make me sick with how pathetic you are" he says and I scramble to my feet, running up to my room, wishing I could just disappear. The window in my room is open and the storm has started, loud and roaring. I close it quickly but it is still very loud.

I remember the nights I spent in the hospital 3 years ago. I had broken many ribs and a fractured collarbone. It took weeks to heal and I had felt so helpless, all I could do was lay in a dark hospital room as the thunder roared outside.

I whimper, quickly hiding under my sheets, crying, remembering all the nights in my life similar to this.

ARES

As I finish talking to some men, my eyes start roaming around the room, looking for her. But I soon stop myself, my eyebrows furrowing at the odd action.

I must be tired.

I soon find my parents and brothers all gathered in one spot so I walk over to them, and my tongue slips before I can stop myself.

"Where is she?" I ask and all their heads snap towards me.

I see all of my brothers smirk at me as if in sync. That was surreal.

"Oh well the Consigliere asked permission to head home with quite the disrespectful words a while ago caro, did she not say farewell to you?" mama asks.

"No I had not expected her to, he disrespected you?" I ask with my eyebrows raised at her.

"No, her. He talked of her as if she was an item not a person, infront of her! Something about if we needed her she would be there" she says exasperated.

"What a wank. I think she is probably the nicest person I have met, seriously." Carlos comments, my two other brothers nodding in agreement.

"He is her father, he knows her better than we do, I am sure they have an understanding" I say brushing it off. "I am going to head out, I have some business to take care of" I nod at my family, walking out.