47

ARES

"You cannot sleep out of this room, mama is back." I say as she goes to open the door with her clothes in hand.

I know I pissed her off with what I said. I saw her eyes become glossy and her face look hurt and betrayed. I am a fucking idiot for saying that. I just got angry.

I watch her steps falter as she stops at the door for a minute, then opens the door and leaves anyway.

Fuck.

I go into the bathroom to shower and change. When I come out, she is still not here. I think I pissed her off enough that she does not even care about what Mama will say.

Fuck me. I walk to the door, deciding to go look for her. I fucking despise this feeling of remorse and guilt. It is not me. I walk downstairs and when I reach the door, she is talking in the phone with the door half open.

"That's so great Antony, I really miss you too." I watch her smile as she talks. Who the fuck is Antony? I feel my fists clench as anger courses through me. "Okay, I will talk to you soon, Ciao." she takes the phone off her ear, her smile dropping.

She begins to walk towards the door but stops when she sees me.

"Who was that?" I ask, my tone sharp.

"My cousin." She replies, her eyes looking somber.

"What cousin? I do not know of you having a cousin, I did not meet him at the wedding either." Alana looks up into my eyes now.

"He lives in England, he is from mothers side, they do not associate with father so they were not invited." She says.

She does not look like the kind of woman who is unfaithful.

I nod.

"I know you are upset because of what I said." I start,

"I would be upset if I thought someone cared. People become upset with the expectation of being uplifted. I know no one's coming to uplift my sorrows, so I do not get upset." She says with a straight face.

Those felt like personal jabs at me. I sigh giving her a look but she seems determined.

"Let's go upstairs now, I am tired." Is all I can manage to say right now as I gesture for her to go first. She grabs a small bag of something and her clothes then walks ahead of me all the way to our room.

She goes straight to the bathroom while I get my phone and look at emails.

When she comes out, she's wearing another one of her insufferably sexy nightgowns. Fuck me.

"You should sleep on the bed." I say to her. Alana turns to me, looking at me for a few seconds then sighs.

"No, you still can't fit on the couch like you couldn't a month ago." She says, clearly annoyed. I have never seen her like this. Alana is never short of perfect and a pleaser. Perhaps it is her hormonal state. Yes I am that guy. Besides, it's refreshing from her constant abiding.

"Yes but you had surgery and you need to sleep on an open bed."

"Okay so did you want to sleep on the floor then? Or half on the couch half floor?" she asks in a mocking voice.

"No, you can sleep with me." I say, a smirk now taking over my face. Alana's face becomes surprised, her cheeks a burning red.

"No, no thankyou, I- Im fine." she quickly sputters, hiding under the blanket on the couch. I feel my smile widen at her antics.

ALANA

"No!" I sheild my face with my hands to prevent the blow. I open my eyes slowly, looking around I notice I am in Ares' room. His house. I am safe.