77

ARES

"I am pregnant."

Pregnant.

She's pregnant.

My ears are ringing.

"What?" My brain cannot comprehend this.

"I'm pregnant." She says, sniffling. "I have a baby growing inside me." she points to her stomach like the adorable person she is. "It is from when you and I had sex. I didn't know that sex makes babies. Did you?" She asks.

"I did." I am too shocked to say much else.

"Well we needed to get protection. But we didn't." she says, wiping her nose with her hand. "Now, you may leave whenever you are ready, I'm going to go lay down, 'cuz my back hurts." she mumbles, waddling away.

"What?" I ask her, following behind her.

"Well, now that you know, you understand why we can't be together. So you can leave now." She shrugs as she sighs, putting up her hair.

"What?" I ask, even more confused now.

"Don't worry, I won't ask for money. Beatrice said that I should ask for alimony and child support because you are loaded, which means rich she told me, but I said no. I can pay for my baby myself. We won't bother you." she mumbles as she opens a drawer, taking out some clothes.

Her words finally start to register properly and I am ready to blow my own head off at her implication.

"You think I will leave you here?" I ask her.

"Well, I certainly won't let my baby become a form of burden to anyone. My baby will only get love, no resentment-"

"Our baby," I start with a pressing tone. She frowns at me. "is not a burden." I tell her.

"Well you called me a burden, and the prospect of having children too." She reminds me. I groan. "What? It's true." she shrugs.

"I know. And I am sorry baby, but you can't punish me forever. You're carrying my child. There is no way I am leaving you even for a single night. I had thought that I would possibly give you a couple days to get used to me, but you are coming with me right now."

"No." she says, frowning. "I told you, I will not let my baby become subject to any negative feelings when your bipolar self decides differently." she accuses.

"Our baby." I growl. "Alana, I already apologized. I will do it again. I am sorry. I love you, now as the mother of my child and my wife, I am here to take you home. Let's. Go." I tell her.

Fucking hell I have a child.

"Stop it." She frowns. "I am not one of your men that you can just order around and I am certainly not going to be subjected to your wrath and," she takes a deep breath, putting her hand right onto her belly.

I notice the small bump there.

"Jesus." I whisper. "That's our baby." I say. I look back up at her. Her face is tense. "What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Nothing, I just- Ah!" she hunches over, her face contorted in pain.

"Fuck! Alana." I help her sit down on the bed.

"Oh," she gasps. "Somethings wrong." She cries, tears forming and starting to fall from her eyes. "Ah! Ares somethings wrong!" she screams, holding her stomach with one hand, the other grabbing my collar.

"Okay baby, just hold on okay, we'll go to a hospital." I pick her up bridal style, rushing down the stairwell. "I'm right here baby, you're going to be okay." I kiss her hair, as I sit her inside my car.

"Are we kidnapping her!?" Damon shouts at me, half getting out of his car.

"No you dumbass! Just follow me Ill tell you later!" I get into my car, speeding to the nearest hospital.

"Ares." She whimpers. My heart clenches at the pain in her voice.

"Almost there baby, hold on okay?" I say, reaching over to put a hand on her thigh.

I pull into the hospital, quickly getting out and carrying her inside.

"Signore, cosa c'è che non va?" A nurse asks me as I sit Alana down in the wheel chair she brought.
(Sir what's wrong.)

"Mia moglie è incinta e le fa male lo stomaco" I quickly explain. She nods, calling orders to people around her as they wheel her to a bed.
(My wife's pregnant and her stomach hurts.)

"Don Moretti!" A man exclaims behind me. "I am the chief executive here Capo and we encourage-"

"Shut the fuck up, cheif. I am staying right here next to my wife while you use your own fucking blood if that's what it takes to help my wife and kid, yeah?" I asks him in a low, threatening voice. He nods, shaking as he runs towards a doctor.

"Ares." I hear her whimper.

"I am right here baby, you're okay, nothing to be scared of sí? You're okay." I tell her, holding her hand. She nods, whimpering as they put in ivy's and hook her up to machines.

After a few more minutes, Alana calms down significantly, her pain seemingly lessened.

"Don," A doctor comes in, bowing his head. I nod for him to continue still holding her hand.

"Is our baby okay?" Alana asks, trying to sit up so I help her.

Our.

I try to suppress a smile.

"Sí, the baby is okay, so are you. It was just stomach cramps, nothing looks out of the ordinary in the tests we ran, just some nutritional items, nothing too alarming." he begins. Alana sighs in relief, slouching back down.

"I will however be prescribing prenatals, some other supplements. You are definitely under nourished, you need to also start eating alot more." He says, checking of something from his board.

"Well I'm sorry, I did not know I was pregnant till last night. Did I hurt the baby?" She asks, her lip pouting.

"Uh no. The baby is fine, and the pain was only felt by you. And that's okay, just try to eat more often now, and larger portions." he suggests. "That is all, we've given you pain killers, your pain should be better." he looks at her for approval. She nods. "Right, so you are free to go, pick up your prescription and start on them as soon as possible, there are also some safe painkillers prescribed for you if this particular pain repeats, but anything foreign that happens, don't self treat it." he says.

"Do you have a gynecologist?" he asks her. She frowns, shaking her head. "Well we could schedule an appointment with one here if you want?" He asks again.

Alana looks at me for help.

"Uh no, we don't live in the area, we will see one closer to us when we get home." I say. He nods. After a few more instructions, he leaves.

I turn back to her, leaning down to kiss her head.

"You're okay?" I ask her. She nods. Looking up at me with her beautiful eyes. I smile.

"You promise you're okay with this?" She whispers. I nod. "You will never ever say mean things like that to me again?" She asks.

"Never again, I promise. I am sorry." I say, kissing her hand that I was holding. She smiles at me.

"And you love the baby?" she asks. I smile.

"I love the baby and I love you." I tell her.

"You won't ever hate the baby because it's unplanned?" She asks, her eyes glossing.

Because she went through that.

"No baby deserves that my love, it is not the baby's fault that they weren't planned. I love our baby, it's half you, how can I not love him or her." I say. She smiles at that.

"Really?" she sniffles. I nod.

"I love you and the baby so much, you're both my whole world." I hum, leaning down to kiss her hair but she tilts her head up, making me pause and look at her. Her big innocent eyes looking at my lips. I smirk, leaning in to capture her lips in a mind blowing kiss.

Fuck yes.