54

ALANA

We are in a car driving to the airport right now.

I have never ever flown before, I tried to do some research about it and only managed to scare myself. So now I am very nervous about flying and being on the airplane in general.

I also saw so many videos of people getting into fights with other people, and getting mad at babies. It just seems unnecessary to enclose yourself into a confined space with so many strangers.

I don't like strangers, they scare me. I twiddle my hands nervously as we get closer and closer.

"Why are you shaking baby?" I hear Ares ask beside me. I turn to look at him and frown. I like when he calls me that.

"No reason." I whisper.

"I know when you're nervous gattina, what is it?" He asks.

"I just happened to see some stuff on the internet about airplanes and crashes. And people get mad at you for wanting to stand up and talking. Or crying. What if I cry? What if someone screams at me? Or-"

"Baby, calm down. My pilot is excellent at his job, I fly quite often, nothing will happen to the plane. And we are taking my jet, there will be no one else but us and the crew onboard." he explains softly, reaching for my hand. huh?

"You have a plane!?" I ask in surprise. He smirks.

"I like when you're surprised. It's endearing." he says. I feel myself blush in embarrassment. "I do have a plane, and no one is allowed to raise their voice at my wife." He growls, his voice taking an edge.

"That's sweet. I like when you call me that." I tell him.

"My wife?" he asks.

"Yes and the other thing." I whisper, embarrassed. Ares smirks.

"Baby?" he says. I feel my face heat so I look down at my hands, hearing him chuckle. "Well I cannot help it, you make me want to do alot more than just call you baby." he husks. I look at him in question.

"Like what?" I ask curiously.

"Stuff you don't know about." He says, his voice low. I frown.

"I don't know so much." I frown deeper. "Could you just tell me?"

"No gattina, I don't want to scare you." he says. I pout but before I can say anything, his phone rings and he answers it.

~

We are now boarding Ares' plane. I did not know regular people could have airplanes. It's very fancy looking with large seats.

"Benvenuta, Mrs. Moretti." The air hostess greets when I enter, Ares right behind me.
(Welcome)

"Grazie." I smile at her. She is very pretty.

She also greets Ares but he does not look at her or acknowledge her. That was mean.

He leads me with a hand on my back and helps me settle into a comfortable seat.

"Why is the seat so big?" I ask. Im almost sinking into it.

"I had it be big because I don't fit the regular ones." He tells me, sitting down in the seat next to mine. "It's only slightly larger, you're tiny." He says, smirking teasingly.

"That is very mean." I tell him.

"I'm going to go greet the pilot gattina, get comfortable." he says, getting up and walking over to the front of the plane.

I take out the book I brought to read on the flight and start reading it. It's new, I just started it yesterday and I am only one chapter in.

As I get engrossed into the book, a sound of a woman talking in a very coquettish way, distracts me. I look up to see Ares standing in the walkway of the cockpit, facing a flight attendant, a different one from the one I met earlier.

She seems to be smiling and laughing unnecessarily and very loudly. I feel an uncharted feeling spike up in my chest. It feels bitter and close to what heart burn feels like. Its odd.

Ares' face looks unamused as he stands there, watching the woman block his way and talk uncontrollably. The next moment seems to happen in slow motion as I see her hand reach out and it touches his chest, while she says something in that nasally voice of hers.

I feel my heart soar with unwanted resentment towards her and all I can think of is the mental image of pushing her away from him.

Stop. He is not yours. You can't feel like this.

But he is my husband.

But he doesn't want to be. Just look away, he doesn't care anyways.

I look back down at my book, trying to ignore the constant stinging in my chest. I feel my lip tremble and I will myself not to cry right now.

I try to continue reading but all I think about is how mean this woman is. She knows he is married. Why would she be inappropriate with a married man?

Does she know about our marriage not being real?

Before I can think anymore, I hear Ares' loud voice ring through the plane;

"Get the fuck off my property." He seethes. I quickly look up to find him twisting this womans arm, her face contorted in pain. My eyes widen.

Soon, she is escorted out of the plane by some of the guardsmen that were outside when we came. I feel myself smile but I try to stop. That is so mean of me.

"Fucking whore." I flinch when Ares sits down next to me, still very angry. I do not say anything in the fear of making him even more angry.

Soon, the pilot asks us over the speakers to buckle up and the plane starts to move. I grab both my arm rests in an attempt to calm down my nerves.

"Are you okay?" I hear my husband ask me. I look at him but I cannot form the words so I just nod. "Baby are you scared of flying?" He asks, his face looks concerned almost, which makes me want to smile.

"I- I have never flown before." I whisper.

"Well it is okay, it's like a car ride, just focus on me," he husks, leaning in closer. "You would not believe what Griff did today-"

He continues to talk about his day and how Griffin made him upset, and how everyone at his work always messes up and makes him angry. The way he spoke made me laugh at some things and shake my head at others. I had completely forgotten that we were even on an airplane before the pilot spoke over the speakers again that we were free to get up and move around.

"See? Was that bad?" He asks me. I smile widely, shaking my head.

"Thankyou Ares." I say but freeze soon after. Oh no he's going to be so mad I called him that.

"My pleasure gattina." he smirks, before going to pour himself a drink.

Oh.