Chapter 1

Zendaya

"Princess Elisheva! Princess! Elisheva! Princess Elisheva!" I heard the king's guard calling me while I was running away from them. I need to escape from them before they catch me. I could feel my heart beating rapidly because I was breathing heavily right now and had no idea where my feet were going to take me.

When I realized that I was far away from them, I decided to hide at the back of the big tree. I'm exhausted right now. I searched for my phone in my pocket and dialed the phone number of my cousin's Cleo. She's the only one I can ask for help from.

Phone Ringing...

"Hello, what's the matter, my dear cousin? Why are you calling suddenly? Miss mo na naman ako?" Cleo answered and picked up my call immediately.

"I need your help right now. The King's getting on my nerves! I have no idea what's up with my father, Cleo!" I asked for help while complaining about my father, who happened to be the King of the Luxemdives.

"Uncle Henry, a.k.a. King of the Luxemdives, is already crazy since birth. What did he do to you this time, ba?" she jokingly said and asked me. She knows my family. Our family, rather.

"The King wanted me to do something that I'm against. You know that I won't do such things that I will regret and suffer, 'no!" I answered her frustratedly.

"What exactly does he want this time from you, ba? Apo na agad? Wala ka pa ngang jowa!" Cleo asked and said nonsense words. This woman is also not helping right now! As if I have a choice to ask for someone else, clearly, she's the only person that I've got right now.

"The King wants me to marry someone that I barely even know," I furiously answered her. Damn this throne! Damn this royal family of mine! I hope one day I wake up and realize I don't have to become the princess anymore. It sucks.

"Hold on! When did he say that? Bakit wala ako no'n? I'm not informed, ha!" Cleo was shocked by what I had said to her. I rolled my eyes because of what she said. Malamang, she wasn't present at our lunch earlier.

"You are the only one who isn't present at our lunch with the family! I did not know that you had already left because you have classes," I explained to her. She's the only person that I always run to, but she wasn't beside me earlier when that happened. I felt lonely and could barely even talk for myself. I can't even stand on my feet to protect myself and say what I really want for my own sake. Rather, I run away from them. Run away from my responsibilities that I don't even know if I could do right.

"Gosh! Why did I miss that scene? Surely, no one took your side earlier. How poor of you, my dear cousin. Where are you right now? Sunduin Kita," she said worriedly. Even though she's overreacting most of the time, she still cares about me. Not just a cousin but also a best friend.

I started roaming around, and I found out that I was here in the Magubat area. I did not know that we had a place like this in the palace.

"Hello, am I still talking to Princess Elisheva?" She spoke again, teasing me by calling my name. She knows how much I hate my first two names.

"Wait, the connection is bad in this area. I'll message you right away, kung saan mo ako mahahanap. Thank you for the help, cousin! Please don't tell them that I called you." was all I said before ending the call. I returned my phone to my pocket and started walking again.

What's this place? I have no idea that we have this place in the palace. Well, why ask myself when, in fact, I only stay inside the palace and go out whenever they need my presence? People have no idea that I am the princess. The King and Queen decided not to introduce me to the world of media.