Chapter 19

Zendaya

Go back to the drawing board. Start over.

It's raining Saturday, and every time that it rains hard, I remember the time that I passed out in front of Prinsesa Eleanor. That was the time that I was brave enough to hug her. That was the day that I was brave enough to fight against my fears whenever there was a storm. I couldn't think of anything and couldn't ask for help to know the truth. I want to go back to 1898. I want to see my love again. I want to know her connection to Professor Ansaldó; clearly, she's not Adela. I am sure of that. Although I am still searching for evidence, I can't find anything. But if Prinsesa Eleanor and Professor Ansaldó's are the same person, why does she not remember me at all?

"Cousin? Lalabas ka ba or hindi ka na muna papasok?" Cleo suddenly asked beside me. We're currently here at her penthouse. Dito na rin ako muna nanunuluyan. By that time, I had decided to move out of the palace.

I nodded at her as a response, which made her a bit shocked. She knows that I don't want to leave the house whenever there's a storm. But it changed when Prinsesa Eleanor happened.

"Are you sure, na keri mo?" Cleo worriedly asked me. I turned my gaze at her and smiled a bit before answering her question.

"Oo nga. A lot of things changed, okay? I'm not afraid of the storm anymore," I said to her.

"Okay, but cousin, I do believe in you," Cleo said to me, which made me stop eating breakfast.

"What do you mean, Naniniwala Saan?" I curiously asked her. Anong alam niya?

"Don't get mad, ah? Kasi, I saw your sketches tapos puro kamukha ni Professor Ansaldó when in fact you both just met each other, kasi Professor natin siya," she stated at patuloy lang akong nakatingin sa kanya. I'm waiting to continue what she's saying.

"Tapos, by the time kasi na nakita ka namin na nakahiga sa may gubat, noong kinagabihan no'n ay bumalik ako doon to find your phone, kasi I know how much it means for you, eh. I saw someone, pero nung time na susundan ko sana 'to ay pinatawag na ako nina mom." Pagkukwento ni Cleo sa akin.

"Then, what happened?" I asked her.

"Nandoon kasi yung magulang ni Vivienne noong time na 'yon. You know that they are friends with my parents, right?" She answered, and I nodded as a response. Yes, kaya ko rin nakilala si Vivienne noon, but I could tell na nagbago talaga siya kasi nakasalamin talaga siya noon tapos hindi ko namukaan na kamukha niya si Sofia noong taong 1898.

I also remember na hindi pa kami nakakakapag-usap ni Vivienne after what we talked about, noong nasa restobar nila. I wonder what she wants to tell me. Is it related to what Cleo's talking about right now? May alam kaya siya?

"Z, I want to help you find out the truth behind what happened to you." Cleo offered help that made me smile.

"Salamat, Cleopatra!" I thanked her, which made her roll her eyes at me. I laughed a bit when I realized that.

"Welcome, Elisheva!" She responded with annoyance in her voice.

"Tara na nga, I don't want to be late." Pag-aaya ko sa kanya at kinuha yung gamit ko. Tumayo na rin siya at kinuha yung bag niya.

"Cousin, despite the outcome, we're going to find out soon. I hope you choose who your heart keeps echoing for." She said that made me feel something in my heart. I did not respond to what she said. I tried to open my mouth, but words did not come out.