Chapter 37

Zendaya

Do you get...Deja Vu?

"On June 12, 1898, the formal declaration of independence and official freedom of the Philippines was announced." discussed by the new professor at our school, while I was busy messaging Cleo and Vivienne to check where they were. Damn, these two are late again. But I wonder why our discussion started with this topic right away; maybe it's because tomorrow is already June 12. Damn, it's my birthday tomorrow! 

Damn, my cousin hasn't even replied to me. Where the hell is she?!

First day of school, pero himala at silang dalawa pa talaga ang na late! 

"Besides this, is there any one of you who will celebrate any other kind of occasion th---" Our professor didn't finish her question as the door suddenly opened, and there was Cleo. I could see the surprise on her face when she saw our professor. However, that quickly turned into annoyance.

Okay, gagi? Anong meron?

"Don't you know how to knock?" the professor asked in front of us, crossing her arms while looking at Cleo.

"Well, can't you say sorry either?" Cleo countered; her irritation evident in her voice. Meanwhile, the rest of us classmates just watched the exchange between the two of them.

"It's your fault I'm late, you know. I came in early, but here I am, 30 minutes late because of you. You didn't even apologize for spilling coffee on me. You're so annoying! And what are you doing up there in front? Sit down. Good thing the professor isn't here yet. And you're still in civilian clothes. Very transferee." Cleo retorted, and I couldn't help but gulp. She looked my way, and I signaled to her to stop because she's in trouble.

Gusto kong sabihing "Tanga, professor natin yan, huhu!"

"Pardon me, a student? Are you freaking kidding me?" The professor retorted, clearly annoyed, in front of all of us.

"Oo, bakit sino ka ba? Taga linis ng school? Tsk!" Pabalang na sagot naman ni Cleo na ikinatawa ng mga kaklase ko, pero agad din nilang binawi nang tignan sila nang nakamamatay na tingin ng Professor sa harap namin. 

"For your information, my name is Kadisha Givenchy Spencer Middleton, a licensed professor, and I will be handling your section for this ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR," the professor replied, emphasizing the last part. I looked at Cleo, who now had widened eyes after hearing the professor's response.

She turned to look at me, as if seeking help.

"Gagi, beh..." was all Cleo said.

"What?! Me? Seriously, beh? The hell are you talking about? Detention room now! Get out, whoever you are. You are interrupting our first day! So annoying!" our professor angrily declared in front. Cleo immediately closed the door to the room and left. I heaved a sigh of relief.