Chapter 38

Zendaya

Our story won't close until we find the golden chapter together.

I groaned in pain as I felt the throbbing sensation in my head and the heaviness of my body. Slowly, I tried to open my eyes and moved my fingers. However, all I could see was a bright light, causing me to squint again as my two eyes were dazzled. Wait, why do I feel so heavy? What happened?

"Cousin, you're awake. How are you feeling?" I heard my cousin's voice, who was now beside me. I opened my eyes, and indeed, it was Cleo. I glanced around, but she was the only one I could see there.

"What happened? Where are they, Cleo?" I asked in bewilderment, trying hard to recall the events.

"Attorney Zeinab is with Viv and Vannie. They just arrived at the palace. They'll be back soon. Are you okay? I'll just call the doctor." She replied to my question.

Suddenly, I felt a headache, causing me to instinctively hold my head.

"Wait, stay here, cousin. I'll just call the doctor. Don't think too much." She instructed, walking out to call the doctor.

Wait, what I remember is that I was just at school, and I was with Vivienne. Then, we talked in the library, and I told her everything. And Cleo didn't come to school because she was upset about what happened between her and Professor Middleton.

Wait!

I know I saw Professor Ansaldo, and I even hugged her. She's here, right? I'm not hallucinating because I really saw her! Am I correct? I saw her with my own eyes. I know Vivienne saw her too. But how come she's not here when I woke up? And what happened? Why am I here in the hospital?

Damn! Don't tell me... was that just a dream? No, please! She's here; she came back for me. I can't be wrong. I still feel her embrace. She even introduced herself in front of the whole class as Mrs. Vosbein even though we're not married yet. But she's, my fiancée.

Is fate playing with me again? Why me? What did I do wrong in this world?!

Punyetang buhay naman 'to, oh!

"Arghhh!" I screamed in frustration.

A lot of people look up to me. They think my life is almost perfect in every way. But they don't know the many sacrifices I've made to get to where I am now. Yet, fate always seems to play with me and deceive me. I don't know what to do anymore. Why am I treated this way by the time I belong to?

In my extreme frustration, I started throwing pillows and anything near me. This life is so annoying! My mind is so messed up; I'm completely confused. I don't want this anymore. Please, that's enough. I can't handle what the world is throwing at me.

The door suddenly opened, and Cleo emerged with a female doctor. It's Doctor Hailey.

"Dear... what are you doing?" Doctor Hailey asked me with concern.

"Hey, cousin..." Cleo called out to me, but I just looked at them emotionlessly.

"Tell me, is Professor Ansaldo really here, or is it just something I made up in my mind? Am I hallucinating? Am I seeing things that aren't really in front of me and don't exist? Tell me!" I asked a series of questions, unable to hold back from shouting at the end due to the pain in my head and the stress from everything happening in my life.

"You should rest now, Zendaya dear. Your condition is still not well. Let's talk about this when you're feeling better." Doctor Hailey advised. I looked at her and chuckled sarcastically. Next time? Why not now!