Chapter 35

Zendaya

If the stars aligned...

"Uhmm, cousin?" I heard Cleo suddenly speak, causing me to stop walking away from Professor Ansaldo.

"Yes?" I responded.

"I hate to interrupt your drama with Professor Ansaldo, but you need to focus on our mission first. Vivienne has been trying to call you for a while now, but we respected your conversation with Professor Ansaldo... you forgot to turn off your earpiece, so we heard everything, hehe." Cleo said, surprising me. Oh my gosh! They heard our drama with Professor Ansaldo. Fuck life. It's so embarrassing! How could I forget that we were wearing earpieces?!

"S-sorry! I almost forgot about that part. Actually, I really forgot. You heard everything, I guess. Anyway, just forget about it." I replied to Cleo. I heard what seemed like someone stifling a sob. Who could that be?

"Wait, who's that crying? It sounds like someone is sobbing?" I added.

"It's me, dear. Oh my gosh, even though Ansaldo is giving me a hard time. I ship you two. I can't believe it, huhu!" I heard my mom sobbing as she explained.

"Quit it, Attorney," I heard Professor Ansaldo interject.

"Why, though? Nakitang nakiki-drama ako sainyong dalawa. I was hurt, okay? Even though nakakainis ka 'no. You're still the one I want to be my in-law." I heard my mom say. I smiled at the thought but quickly withdrew it when I remembered that it would never happen.

"Hello? Please come to my location right now. Save your drama for later. Hurry up, big sister, and Zendaya!" Vivienne interrupted. I quickly walked back and caught Professor Ansaldo wiping away tears. I just looked away. I didn't want to see her. I'm too fragile. I might end up kissing her, for real.

Laloves ko pa rin yan.

"We're on our way." Professor Ansaldo said as we walked together towards Vivienne's location. I could see her standing alone, and the man she was talking to earlier was no longer there. We also didn't hear what they talked about because I forgot they existed during the time we were having our drama with Professor Ansaldo. It hurts. But, even so, my feelings remain unchanged.

"We need to talk," she said seriously and opened the door to Sofia's room. I looked at her movements. It seemed like she was nervous and couldn't stay still.

"The guy I talked to earlier, I almost punched him! Seriously, what your sister is planning for you, ate! I never thought you'd have that kind of sibling. Yes, we look alike, but I'm not that mean to have you killed." Vivienne began her statement as she paced in front of us. When we entered Sofia's room, she immediately closed the door so that no one else could come in.

"Do you know the reason why Sofia wants her sister dead for good?" I asked Vivienne. I noticed that Professor Ansaldo glanced in my direction. Yes, I didn't mention her name. It might be better for now.

"Yes, but he didn't say much about it because it would be suspicious. Like, if I were pretending to be Sofia planning to kill her sister, then suddenly I forget?" Vivienne replied. I nodded in agreement. She's right.

"Then, what's the plan now?" I heard Cleo suddenly ask us through the earpiece.

"You need to go to the passage right now. Because after 30 minutes, the real Sofia will be back. So, bring Manang Roberta, Vannie, and Attorney Zeinab with you, Cleo. You need to get there now. Meanwhile, Zendaya, ate and I will take care of things here and patuloy na magbabantay." Vivienne instructed. I heard Cleo agreeing with her.