Chapter 24

Zendaya

It's not over till it's over. Don't be so complacent about what is happening.

As part of my habit, I awoke earlier. I'm ecstatic, and I have no clue how to adequately convey the emotion I feel. Two weeks have passed since our out-of-town school tour, and the last few days have been filled with an overwhelming number of occurrences that I'm still absorbing. I've been courting Professor Ansaldó since then. Nothing has changed in the way she approaches me; the only thing that has gotten better is the way she expresses her feelings toward me. She openly showed her true feelings, and I'm delighted that she did. Professor Ansaldó isn't the person to hide what she's feeling from me, and she's not leaving me any unsure signals. But, of course, I must maintain our boundaries because I am merely courting her and have no legal right to own her.

I'm ready to get out of bed when I hear my phone vibrate. I immediately grabbed my phone and unlocked it using my Face ID. It's from Professor Ansaldó, which astonished me. I felt something I shouldn't have felt right now.

Ang aga-aga pero para akong tanga na kinikilig dito!

Valentina Devorah Ansaldó sent a message.

Good morning. Are you awake?

Good morning, too. Professor Ansaldó, why are you looking for me so early in the morning? Do you need my assistance in any way? or is it me who you exactly need? Char!

Hmm? None of those possibilities you have at this moment.

Why? What are the most appropriate options for you to choose from?

I'm not saying anything you mentioned was accurate or not. A need, in my humble view, is a core factor that you must have in order to survive in this world. Don't misinterpret me, sweetheart. It's up to me to want you—not because I need something from you, but simply because I want you entirely. I want you because it is my decision to choose you to enter my life. In this scenario, want is the preferred term that you should use. I don't need you, dear, because I want you. So come here to our house because I will cook something for you and Vivienne. We'll eat together.

I'm out of words because of what she said about her stand. How can her brain function this early, at 6:00 am in the morning? Just so you know, it's also Sunday today. Dapat ang brain ay nagpapahinga, like mine.

Parang nagbibiro lang naman ako gagi haha.

Are you still there? Seen?

Professor Ansaldó, I am sincerely sorry, but I cannot decline your invitation, so I am honored to accept it.

Right, come here now.

Aye, Aye, Prof!