Chapter 20

Zendaya

Efforts are way better than promises. You don't need someone who just good at saying promises, you deserve someone who can prove it by giving efforts, whatever it takes.

Time flies like a blink of an eye; you never know what comes next in your life. Every day is full of adventure and a roller coaster of emotions. Yesterday, you might not feel okay, but tomorrow is another day for you to get up and do one thing that will make your whole day better. It's like when Professor Ansaldó told me to start trusting myself again and try some new things. I don't exactly get what she meant by that. But half of me is saying that maybe I should try to start trusting myself with something I want to try. Perhaps I should learn new things with her. In that way, I could appreciate the life I have right now instead of only focusing on finding the truth. She's right; I would never know the feeling of new things if I didn't try them.

"Rashida!" Cleo shouted, rushing to Rashida and giving her a tight hug. I turned around to see where Rashida was. There she is, standing straight while crossing her arms.

"I miss you so much, Rashida! Kumusta ang buhay sa states? Pasensya ka na at babawi si mama sa'yo!" Parang tanga talaga 'to, ang oa! Napailing nalang ako sa ginawa niya at nilapitan sila.

"Stop it, Cleopatra!" I stopped her at nilayo si Rashida sa kanya. She glared at me because of what I did.

"Masama bang ma-miss siya?! Sino ka para hadlangan ako?" Cleo acted in front of me and Rashida. Kaya napatingin kami sa isa't isa nito at natawa.

"Enough, Cleo! Para kang baliw dyan!" Pananaway ko sa kanya. Baka kung ano pang isipin ng mga estudyante na dumadaan.

"How are you?" I asked Rashida while looking at her.

"I'm good. Magaling na ako," Rashida answered, then gave me a a warm smile, assuring me that what she said was true.

"You should have told us, Saan ka nakatira para nadalaw ka manlang namin 'no!" Cleo said to Rashida.

"No need to worry. I'm good naman na." Sagot ni Rashida sa kanya at ngumiti pa ito.

"Papasok ka na mamaya sa shop?" I asked her.

"Yep, I have to, eh." Sagot naman nito sa akin. I nodded at her in response. I remember what Professor Caiji told us—that Rashida is her younger sister. Sayang, wala pala si Cleo at that time.

We're currently here at the campus; they gathered us here because there's an announcement. I have no idea at all. Bigla naman may lumapit sa amin yung isa sa head ng student council. I'm not familiar with her name.

"Hi! Zendaya, right? Professor Ansaldó is looking for you," the girl said to me. Why is she looking for me?

"Me?" I confusedly asked her.

"Yes, she told me to tell you that she'll be waiting at her office. You should go now. Baka, uminit ang ulo no'n." Saad nito sa akin at may himig na pang-aasar sa dulo. Napatingin naman ako kina Cleo at Rashida. They signal me to go.

"I'll be back; tell Vivienne na nasa ate niya lang ako, in case she's wondering." Bilin ko sa kanila at naglakad na paalis. Magpapasalamat pa sana ako sa babae, kaso nawala naman bigla.