Chapter 34

Zendaya

You never miss the water till the well runs dry.

Hindi ako nakaimik agad sa sinabi ng taong nagligtas sa akin mula sa mga malulupit na tauhan sa palasyo. Para akong nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig dahil sa narinig ko. Iba ang inaakala kong sasalubong sa akin. Akala ko magiging masaya muli siyang makita ako pero nagkamali ako. Kasalungat iyon ng sinabi niya ngayon sa harapan ko. Ang unfair talaga ng mundo. Gusto kong tumakbo papunta sa kanya para yakapin siya pero hindi ko magawa. Hindi ko magawa dahil wala na akong karapatan pa. Life is so fucking unfair, really.

"Are you just going to stare at me? Come on, follow me. There are people waiting for you. 'Wag kang magsayang ng oras." She suddenly said, so I looked at her. I had no choice but to follow her to wherever she was heading. Although I wanted to cry in front of her, it seemed like she was treating me as if our past didn't matter. I also wanted to ask if she was really the person in front of me because I was adjusting to her actions. I'll admit her face has matured a bit. Hindi ko alam ang nangyayare. Pero, kakaiba ang pakiramdam na nararamdaman ko.

"Professor Ansaldó..." I called to her, causing her to stop walking and glance around us.

"Don't call me that, Ms. Vosbein. Call me Eleanor. We're not in your time, and you certainly have no right anymore," Professor Ansaldo said in a stern tone, catching me off guard. What happened here? Why the sudden being harsh on me?

"Edi mag tagalog ka..." Pabulong kong saad. Pero, mukhang narinig ata niya ako.

"I will speak whatever language I want. You don't need to tell me that. Just follow me." She said coldly and walked away. I felt a sense of sadness in her actions. It's like I did not matter to her before. It's only been a few months, and she's already like this. But I have to remember that time is different for her now. What might have been months for me could be years for her.

Pero, kahit na 'no. Hindi ko nga alam bakit nagkakaganito siya.

"Kailangan kong mahanap yung iba ko pang kasama papunta sa panahong ito." Saad ko habang nakasunod sa kanya.

"That's why hurry up because they've been waiting for you since earlier," she ordered, so I quickened my pace. Is she in a bad mood? Wala na ba siyang pera pang libre sa akin na sumakay nalang kami sa kalesa dahil ang sakit na ng paa ko.

"How? Did you see them earlier?" I asked curiously. If that's the case, why didn't they look for me and just join Professor Ansaldo right away? Traitors!

She didn't answer me; instead, she just walked quickly. I looked around, feeling like I know this place. Wait, are we close to where we were supposed to go before? But why didn't I end up in the palace? Why did I wake up in a different place? Is it possible that there are other portals?

After more than five minutes of walking, she suddenly stopped in front of a large gate. Wait, it seems like she brought me here before, but we rode a carriage last time. This is it! I wonder if Mom and the others are here.

The large gate suddenly opened, and she looked around before pulling me inside. What's his problem? This is her place, so why does she need to act like a spy in front of me?

"Cousin!!!" Cleo shouted, so I looked in her direction as she ran towards me.

"Wait, I've been looking for you guys. Are the others with you? Where were you? Why did you leave me?" I said one after the other, tapping her forehead. It's frustrating because they didn't even bother looking for me.