Chapter 33

Zendaya

My Knight and Shining Armor.

After making a decision last night, I couldn't sleep well, so I decided to pack up and find something to wear. I've learned my lesson. While my clothing was quite modern when I first arrived there, this time it should be subtle enough not to attract attention from the locals. Our mission is to uncover more about the ongoing events and understand why things are the way they are. Because until now, problems have continued to arise, and we need to discover the truth.

First and foremost, we need to determine if Princess Eleanor's mother is still alive and, if so, where she is. Secondly, we need to find out why Professor Chantler suddenly disappeared, as it turns out she's been missing since she went to another country for medical treatment. Thirdly, I need to locate Princess Eleanor. I have many unanswered questions, and I know she can help me.

"Cousin! I have a question, hurry up. Open the door," I heard Cleo shout from outside my room. What could she possibly need?

I immediately went to the door to open it for her.

"What do you think? Is this, okay?" she asked me while showing off her outfit. I raised an eyebrow at her. Is she serious? She's dressed all in black, looking like a spy, while the goal is not to be recognized. Yet her attire seems to be attracting everyone's attention.

"Seriously! What are you wearing, Cleo?" Vivienne suddenly appeared, giving my cousin a disapproving look. I just smiled at what Vivienne said. I don't understand her sometimes. She's even wearing shades.

"Oh! What's the problem with what I'm wearing?" she asked, and I just sighed.

"Maybe you're forgetting what year we're going to, huh?" Vivienne replied sarcastically as she entered my room. Cleo followed Vivienne, and I closed the door after they were inside.

"Don't you know that just with my Gucci outfit alone, people were already staring at me intensely?" I retorted to Cleo.

"Well, how would I know, hehe. I thought it was a life-or-death situation when we got there," she said, making a peace sign.

"Exactly! Especially if you're dressed like that, friend. The moment we arrive, I wouldn't be surprised if someone points a shotgun at you," Vivienne remarked, shaking her head. I saw Cleo's eyes widen at Vivienne's comment. Well, Vivienne is right.

"We need to blend in with their attire. We shouldn't let them notice that we're from a different time. Don't worry. I've prepared for that," I said and went to a bag to take it and show them, which were clothes.

"Hey! This is too hot! Isn't there anything else? I'd rather look like a guy, that's much better. I don't want to wear that old-fashioned dress, come on Zendaya!" Cleo complained and tossed the dress back at me. Well, I'm right, aren't I? That's what people used to wear during that time. It's inspired by Princess Eleanor, duh!

"I agree with Cleo. I don't like that, Zendaya, you know. We'll have a harder time moving if what we wear is heavy and hot," Vivienne complained, giving me a disapproving look. I just smiled at what she said. Well, she's right. But I won't include her in wearing men's clothing. I have a plan for her.

"Why are you smiling like that? It's creepy! Whatever you're thinking, Zendaya, stop it right now," Vivienne said, but I just shrugged it off and grinned mischievously.

"Anyway, just trust my plan. By the way, where are Manang Roberta and Vannie?" I replied, changing the topic. Where could they be? It would be better if everything we need is in order so that if we succeed in opening the portal later tonight, we won't leave anything behind. It's heartbreaking when you're not prepared. I remember my past experiences. I even brought a power bank with me this time. Better safe than sorry, right?