Chapter 26

Zendaya

A heavenly masterpiece.

Due to what happened last night at Professor Lewis's birthday, I also feel guilty about what Professor Ansaldó did. After I dropped her off at her house, I kept watch for a while, also pondering who might have texted me like that. I had no idea, which made me even more nervous, and I began to have trust issues with the people around me. I didn't know whom to believe anymore. I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep at Professor Ansaldó's table, and I woke up around 5:00 a.m. to go home. However, I still couldn't sleep when I got home, so I just focused my attention on sketching Professor Ansaldó's face. After all, my class doesn't start until 11 a.m.

I suddenly woke up when my phone's alarm went off. I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep after I finished drawing Prof's face. She's really a work of art, my favorite subject. I smiled as I looked at it because I'm going to give it to her later. The face I drew captures her usual serious expression in everything. I thought of this because, for me, even though she has such a serious and intimidating look, I still have the courage to approach her, unlike many who are afraid to do so. I'm not like them.

My smile faded when my phone suddenly rang. I checked to see who it was. It was from my cousin. I then looked at the time to see how late it was. My eyes widened when I realized that I had only 30 minutes left before I would be late for class. So, I quickly got up and hurried to get ready. I had been so captivated by staring at the professor's face. She's really beautiful, even though she got really drunk last night; her face and voice were still beautiful. I admit I got a bit giddy when she sang last night, especially the part where she said she only wanted me. I just shook my head as I remembered this while getting ready. Good luck, Zendaya! Get your girl back; kahit wala pa naman talaga kami.

I'm here at school now, running fast towards my first class, but I forgot who my professor is today because my mind is too preoccupied with everything that's been happening to me. I quickly reached our room, panting heavily, and opened the door. I immediately saw Cleo, who was looking at me teasingly, while Vivienne just had a smirk on her face and mouthed, "Good luck." I suddenly looked at who the professor was that I had disrupted by opening the door so suddenly. It seems like I'm about to add another kasalanan sa listahan ko.

I gazed at the most beautiful woman in my eyes, and she's wearing an all-black business suit outfit today, giving off CEO and lawyer vibes. What surprised me, though, is that she's wearing shades while standing in front. Silaw yarn?

"Are you going in, or are you going to stand there all day? Tsk!" She suddenly snapped at me, kaya bumalik ako sa reyalidad.

"I'm sorry, Professor Ansaldó, for being late. I'll go in now." I apologized to her and walked towards Cleo's seat. The two of them secretly laughed and even gave each other a high-five, so I rolled my eyes at them. Hindi manlang nag-abalang gisingin ako at isabay papasok, hmp!

"Back to what I was just saying earlier before someone interrupted me. We'll be having a short quiz today. Go and prepare, chop! chop!" She told us, and my classmates quickly took out their papers and pens. I had no enthusiasm to get paper from Cleo and a pen from Vivienne, which surprised the two of them, and they rolled their eyes at me.