Chapter 30

Zendaya

Fear will make me small; Love will make me strong.

It has been a week and three days, but there is still no update on the whereabouts of Professors Ansaldo and Chantler. I can't help but feel restless because every time I try to convince my mom that I want to help, she doesn't listen to me. I've tried several times, but still nothing. But today, I won't let this opportunity pass without being here with them.

Manang Roberta visited only once, and we didn't have a chance to talk much. As usual, she tends to disappear suddenly, but this time, according to Vivienne, she is currently staying at Professor Ansaldo's house.

I'm feeling better now, and I can walk again. I don't know why it took me a month to wake up, but I also understand what the doctor told me. He said it's a good thing that my head wasn't affected despite the impact of the accident. My motorcycle was completely wrecked, and I could hardly recognize it in the picture. Fortunately, I was using a different motorcycle, not my favorite one. The one I usually ride is the one where I used to give Professor Ansaldo a lift, so I cherish it because it reminds me of her.

I'm holding the handkerchief now. I'm happy with what I've learned, but I need to save the person I love first. Now that I know the truth, I can't afford to waste any more time rescuing her. This time, I will be the one to save them. This time, I will offer myself in exchange for their safety. Yes, many questions remain unanswered, and there are still many concerns in my mind, but I'm happy because I've finally discovered the true identity of my beloved.

My attention was diverted from the handkerchief I was holding when the door suddenly swung open. Vannie was here, dressed up and carrying a large black bag. I instructed her to go to the palace and get the guns and other equipment we could use. Yes, the two of us teamed up to save the two professors who meant so much to us. Vannie managed to share a bit about her and Professor Chantler. I can only say that she wasn't very talkative unless you engaged her. She's incredibly quiet and quite a secretive person, which is why I was surprised that she entrusted me with even a little information about her life and her life with Professor Chantler. She also left her brother with my mom and Cleo, but they had no idea about our plan.

"I've already gotten the things you asked for. Nandyan na rin yung damit na susuotin mo mamaya," Vannie said to me as she approached.

"Thank you, Vannie. By the way, have you talked to Rod, and have you found out where they are hiding?" I asked her.

"Rod sent me a message earlier, and he suggested that we try to visit that area. It's very restricted and far from the city, and it seems like no one else goes there because it's private property," Vannie replied, and I nodded in agreement.

"Alright, has Rod prepared the vehicle we'll be using later?" I asked her. She nodded at me, and I gave her a little smile.

"Alright, I'll go change quickly so we can leave soon. Make sure no one else visits today so we can leave the hospital peacefully," I instructed her, then I stood up and headed to the restroom.

------

"Sa tingin mo ito na 'yon, Vannie?" I asked Vannie when we arrived at the location Rod had mentioned. He was right; it was quite remote and hidden. It was indeed private property, and no one could enter without permission.