Chapter 21

Zendaya

Puzzle. Life is full of adventures and challenges. Most people have to undergo and endure every pain in this world just to find the missing pieces of the puzzle that will solve their problems.

Life is all about finding the missing puzzle to fulfill your life. Sometimes, it can be a person, thing, place, justice, truth, or situation that will make you help solve any challenges in life. Do you believe that everyone will find answers to their questions? What makes you keep holding on to it?

"Ms. Vosbein, do you find your life challenging?" Professor Ansaldó asked me while holding the cup of ice cream that we bought before starting to ride on a motorcycle and driving here, where we can see the lights of the city.

"First question, palang mapapaisip na agad ako?" Pagrereklamo ko rito. Unang tanong pa lang ang deep na agad, ah? We are currently standing here, which is overlooked by the city, with a full view of the lights while holding our favorite ice cream flavor.

"Tsk! Just answer it, you dummy!" Pagsusungit nito sa akin at inirapan pa ako. Sabi ko nga eh.

"If there's no challenges in life, there's no thrill at all, Professor Ansaldó. Before, I couldn't understand why such things need to happen in our lives, but as time passed by, I believe there's always the right time for everything. Although, I'm not saying that every question that I have has already been solved. There are still unsolved mystery happenings that happened to me that up until now, I can't find answers to." I answered her directly while looking at her. I noticed her gorgeous face even though the only light that we have right now is the moon and the city of lights.

"How about you, Professor Ansaldó?" I asked her before letting her comment on what I had said. Baka Hindi na naman kasi ako makapagsalita kapag nag comment siya, huhu!

"It has always been." She answered and smiled a bit. Yun na 'yon?!

"Teka, wala kang explanation?" Tanong ko rito.

"My question is only answerable by yes or no. I don't know why you explained, but thanks for sharing your thoughts," she answered me. Oo nga naman, 'no? Wala na nasabi ko naman na.

"Professor Ansaldó, do you believe that we get everything that we want in our lives?" I asked her directly while watching her eat the last scoop of her ice cream. How can she be so adorable and attractive by only eating ice cream? Is this normal? Bakit yung pinsan ko naman, dugyot kung kumain.

"No." She answered with one word. No doubt, no hesitation; she just answered what popped into her mind.

"Why do you say so?" I curiously asked her. What makes her think that we don't get what we want?

"We don't get what we want in life; we get what we settle for. If you keep on settling for less, you'll get less. But if you keep on settling for more, you'll get more." Namangha naman ako sa sinagot niya sa tanong. No wonder she became a professor at Grand Luxemburg University. For sure, if there's a competition in their school, she's always present at the debate. She's good at answering questions without a feeling of nervousness. She knows how to fight for what she stands for.

"Can I ask you something, then?" I asked her. What she just said earlier makes me wonder why she is putting in effort just to be with me. I am just being unfair on her side. Not just once, but I always do the same and make mistakes towards her.

Echoes of Love, since 1898: A Love Transcending Time and Realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें