Epilogue

Zendaya

Echoes of Love, since 1898: A Love Transcending Time and Reality

"Tss, istorbo naman, oh!" I grumbled in annoyance as my laloves and I were interrupted in the midst of what we were doing. We had just started, and there was already a disturbance. Tsk!

I noticed the eye roll from my loved one who was still seated on my lap. Mukhang may nabitin, ah?

Pero, sino naman yung mang-iistorbo ngayon?

"Wait a minute!" I shouted because the knocking continued, yet the person on the other side didn't identify themselves. Laloves then got up from sitting on my lap and stood with crossed arms.

"Who is that?" The irritation was evident in their voice.

"I don't know either," I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

I immediately went to the door to open it and see who had been knocking persistently earlier.

"Mom? What do you need?" I asked my mother, who had been knocking earlier. She seemed worried, evident from her expression.

"We need to talk, where's Ansaldo?" she asked me. I was about to respond when suddenly someone spoke behind me.

"In the dining area now. The others are already there," she commanded, and I glanced at Professor Ansaldo, who seemed equally puzzled about what was happening.

"We'll follow," I replied to my mother, and she just nodded. It was unusual because I was accustomed to her playful demeanor. If there were instances where she'd be serious, it would usually be within the context of a courtroom or during significant events.

My mother walked ahead, leaving Professor Ansaldo and me by the door.

"Do you have an idea what is happening?" she asked me. I shook my head in response. I really don't know either.

"Let's go, laloves. Don't be upset, okay? I know you were enjoying what we were doing, hihi!" I teased, inviting them with a playful smile. I saw laloves rolled her eyes at my comment and playfully flick my forehead. That's her way of expressing affection, a love language na mapanakit sa minamahal niya, huhu!

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, rubbing my forehead.

"Stupid!" She remarked before walking away. She's really so bipolar. Just a while ago, she asked me to call them Valentina, and now she's acting as if she's my professor for the night.

"Wait a minute!" I called out and closed the door, then ran to catch up with her on the way to the dining area.

"Your mind changes so quickly, laloves. You even had the audacity to ask me to call you Valentina earlier." I said, coming to a stop in my tracks.

"I know nabitin ka sa ginagawa natin, but so was I. We'll continue later, hmm?" I said with a sweet tone, but I just received a glare. My future wife can be quite unpredictable sometimes.

"Nope, we'll sleep later," she said with a cold tone. Here we go again.

"Laloves, naman eh" I complained, feeling almost teary-eyed.

"Shut up, let's go," they said dismissively, continuing to walk, while I remained standing in my place. Aish! hirap naman lambingin nito palibasa tumatanda na. Mga oldies nga naman, tsk!