Chapter 27

Zendaya

Every twist and turn. You wouldn't know what comes next.

"What do you mean, Professor Chantler? I'm confused," I replied to her response. Totoo ba ang sinabi niya sa amin? Wala kasi talaga akong masyadong alam tungkol kay Rashida. Kung totoo man 'yon, edi matagal na ba 'tong alam ni Professor Caiji at Professor Lewis?

"Four years have passed since our parents arranged our marriage. I had no say in it back then, but I later found out that our parents were also threatened by the Caiji Family. Kianna had an idea about it, but she thought her sibling had already withdrawn the proposal. However, Rashida pretended otherwise and threatened me. I was in love with someone else. Her name was Vannie, and she had a younger brother. Rashida threatened me that if anyone found out, especially Vannie, she wouldn't hesitate to kill them. I couldn't bear it anymore, Val," she told us, leaving both Professor Ansaldó and me shocked. I never expected Rashida to do something like this.

"Was it Vannie who helped you when you were really drunk last night?" I asked to confirm. She nodded in agreement.

I looked at Professor Ansaldó, and her face now showed a mix of confusion and frustration over what we had just discovered.

Kahit ako hindi ko alam kung ano ba dapat ang mararamdaman ko. Sobrang nakakadisappoint na ganito pala ugali ni Rashida. Kaibigan ko pa man din siya at pinagkatiwalaan.

"So, all this time, Kianna knew, but she always acted like she had no idea about what was happening. I'm sorry for what happened to you, Francios," Professor Ansaldó said with a hint of anger in her voice.

"I'm scared, Val. I don't know what to do. What if she heard me confessing to you? You might get involved too. I'm sorry; I was just carried away by fear. I didn't mean to. Forgive me, Val," Professor Chantler said, trembling with fear. However, Professor Ansaldó immediately embraced her.

"That won't happen. From now on, you're not alone. We're here. We'll always be with you, Francios. Don't hesitate to ask for help from us. Fear will make you small, Francios. Remember to fight for what is right," Professor Ansaldó reassured Professor Chantler as she embraced her tightly. Professor Ansaldo then smiled at me as if to say, "We can handle this."

"Professor Chantler, do you know where Rashida is?" I asked her as I stood up.

"I-I d-don't k-know," she stammered in response, and I nodded. I wondered where she could be right now. Pumasok kaya 'yon sa coffee shop? Only way to find out ay puntahan siya ngayon.

"I'll leave you for now. I have somewhere to go," I said to them, and I was about to walk out when Professor Ansaldó suddenly stopped me.

"Where are you going? It's dangerous," she asked me. I smiled at her and gently held the hand she had placed on me to stop me.

"I'll be safe. You two must stay safe. I'll text you right away. Don't worry," I reassured them.

"Are you sure?" she asked, seeking assurance.

"A hundred percent sure," I replied with a smile and a nod. I quickly headed out, walking towards the parking lot to get on my motorcycle and make my way to the coffee shop. Walang oras ang dapat na masayang. I will make sure na ligtas ang dalawang professors. Hindi ko na rin muna dapat pagkatiwalaan ang pinsan ng dalawang Caiji.