Chapter 22

Peter cries out hard as the ran hits are backs like knives. He holds me closer to his wet body as I rub his back. I have my moments like this, scared to cry. He seemed to hold me tighter as the Lightning increases.

"W-why do they a-all leave M-me?" Peter stutters out as he cries.

"They left me too." I say.

The lightning strikes harder as I grip on to Peter Pan. I lift us both up off the slippery ground as I walk with him. He cries into my shoulder as I saw lightning hit the exact spot we just were at.

I hold Peter up as he walks with me. We see camp as I make it closer to it. I see everyone out of there camps. There frantically searching as I see them searching. One shouts John as the others check the tents.

I carry Peter quickly to his tent as I set him on his bed. I put him under the covers as I see him looking exhausted. He tries to get up as I push him back down.

"Sleep." I state as his eyes close.

I kiss his forehead as I run out of his tent.

"BOYS EVERYONE GET BACK INTO THE MAIN TENT NOW!" I shout.

Most run in but some stay out.

"Johns missing!" One says.

"I know, we found him... He's gone." I say.

They look down some shedding tears as they go inside the tent. Felix comes up to me and wraps an arm around me as I hug him back crying. I wanted to save him. He looked like me all scared as he was hiding.

He was looking for the key. The key out of this life. Unfortunately, ending it doesn't work. The only way out is playing life's silly games. Life will hunt you down but we have to hide. It doesn't matter how many times you wish it never listens. Running away from it doesn't solve anything.

I cry as I realize all of this. Felix helps me to the main tent where everyone went. I composed my self as I walked in. Everyone payed attention to me as I went to the center.

"EVERYONE! I have bad news... John is dead. The storm tonight is ruff and unfortunately, Pan is not available right now. Everyone get ready for bed. We sleep here." I shout as the boys look at me nodding. They grabbed emergency sleeping bags and put them on the floor. Everyone was in there sleeping bags and lights turned off. I was on first watch as I sat on the floor in the middle of the boys.

"Ariana, could you tell us a story?" I heard a small voice ask.

I turned my head to see a boy with light blonde hair and hazel eyes. I saw him looking at me. terrified. He was shaking as if I would hurt him. Peter Pan.

"Of course, lets make it a full story with all of you in it." I say as I saw all the lost boys looking at me. Some acted like they didn't care but looked intrigued.

"OOOO CAN I BE IN ONE TOO!" I heard Yvette scream running into the tent.

"Of course." I say smiling a little.

"I need everyone's names for this story." I say.

"I'm Jack." the little boy who asked said.

"I'm chase." another boy with dark born hair and brown eyes.

"Gregg." another one said with black hair and light grey eyes, he looked about 15.

"Coltan." An eighteen year old said.

"Felix." Felix said.

"Yvette!" Yvette sang.

"Phillip." a nineteen year old said.

"What about you?" I say pointing at the little one in the corner away from everyone else.

"His names Nathan. He hates talking." Yvette says to me. She looks at him a little longer and then looks back down. I sense romantic eyes in here.

"Alright." I say.

And I begin the story with Peter Pan and all the lost boys. The Disney version using there names. Everyone listened intently as I told the story of 'Neverland'.

I told them how Peter Pan was nice and of the nice natives. I spoke of the jealous mermaids and of Yvette being tinker bell.

The older boys, even Felix listened to the story. I caught Nathan laughing s few times and smiling. They laughed and some just smiled. It was a beautiful sight.

I ended the story with all the boys falling asleep happy with there day full of adventure. They all got back in the sleeping bags. I kissed every single one of there heads even Felix. Yvette wanted a hug instead as I hugged her and laughed as I said good night to all the boys.

They fell asleep as I sat back down in my spot. And that's when I smiled and leaned my back on the concrete floor.

This is Neverland.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

VOTE & COMMENT
THANKS FOR THE NAMES!
-HadHatter