Episode/Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Artemis Crock sighed and stared up at the sky thinking about the past year. It has already been a year since Wally West died, and she's been living alone ever since. She's considered moving on with someone else, but she knows that there's no one that could ever replace Wally. It was the first day of a new school that the Justice League had started funding: Gotham Academy and Prep School. It was exclusively reserved for sidekicks or kids with potential to wield some sort of power. This was for college and high school students who couldn't get into any other schools with excuses of having super powers or leaving on call...or even having gills or being green. Artemis knew how this school worked, so she knew that the entire team was going to be there. She looked up at the building.

Seems like a pretty decent school... Artemis thought to herself. She scanned the large crowds for anyone she knew. Then she spotted a familiar boy on the sidewalk standing at a bulletin board. She ran up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Bart?" Artemis asked, and she was right. It was Bart Allen, the speedster who replaced Wally as Kid Flash, but still goes by Impulse.

"Heya Artemis! So, you go here too! That's so crash! In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Superboy earlier, too. Do you know who else is going to be here?" Bart asked rather quickly, rambling on.

"I'm pretty sure everyone from the team is going to be here. M'gann told me she was going to be here. How about Jaime?"

"Oh, I know he's coming! He was complaining about the uniform aaall night last night!" Bart said. Artemis turned her head.
"I see why..."
Bart looked in her direction and saw Jaime Reyes walking up to them. He looked extremely uncomfortable in his uniform. He tugged at his collar and untied his tie. This made Bart snicker.

"I don't understand how you guys can survive this!" Jaime said.

"We don't." Another familiar voice said from behind them. The three of them turned to see Conner Kent and M'gann M'orzz walking up to the group.

"Where's La'gann?" Artemis asked as she looked around.

"Not coming. He looked at the uniform and said he wasn't going." M'gann responded as she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Heh, I don't blame him." Jaime chuckled.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE UNIFORMS?!" Bart asked in disbelief, because clearly, he was the only one there who liked the uniform.

"Everything! Even the thought of them, Hermano!" Jaime said as he tugged on his collar again. Then they heard giggling behind them. They all turned to see Cassie Sandsmark and Tim Drake, holding hands. They were the most recent couple on the team.

"Hey guys!" Cassie beamed and waved to the group.

"Someone's in a good mood..." another voice piped up. It was Garfield Logan, "Is it the fact that you're together? Or the fact that it's the first day of school? Because these uniforms make it the worst day of my life..." Bart stared at him and didn't even bother. He just crossed his arms and tapped his foot rapidly, refraining from yelling.

"Tim. Cassie. Nice to see you two still going strong." Conner said as he shot M'gann a quick glance.

"Of course!" Cassie said. Suddenly, they all heard rapid footsteps.

"Hey Artemis! Long time no seee!!!" A girl squealed behind Artemis. As soon as Artemis turned around, the girl had already started squeezing her.

"Uh, hi! I'm sorry, who is this?" Artemis asked. The girl let go of her and let Artemis see who she was: it was Zatanna. She and Zatanna have been very good friends since the day Zatanna was first allowed to visit the team. Now Zatanna was part of the Justice League, but she enjoyed joining the team on a few missions.