Episode/Chapter 22 - The Risen

- 1 Day Ago - 

Impulse stood and watched the rest of his squad making their way into the Zeta tube back to the Watchtower, until he suddenly heard the clang of some sort of metal falling on stone. He ran to where he heard the sound, and when he found it, he gasped. Then he looked up. He was standing right below Wayne Enterprises, which was where the twister of energy had developed, then he looked down...at the Reach MFD that had fallen in front of him. He smiled,

"I know now...Nightwing is still alive!" 

- Back to present day, which is one day after the team defeated the Dark and Darkseid. They're now focused on where the Light went this time and what their next move will be....but that's the League's job.... for the team, school came first... - 

"Hey, Blue!" Bart beamed as he ran up to Jaime at school. 

"Dude! What did I tell you! It's Jaime! In public! Remember what I said about secret ID!" Jaime said. 

"Sorry. That stuff's still retro to me. Besides, you're allowed to wear your costume at school! I don't see why you would need to 'secret ID' your name!" Bart said as he showed off his new Kid Flash suit. 

"I'm not even in costume yet!" Jaime said. 

"Ah, never mind. Hey, have you seen Batman? I have something important to tell him." Bart said. 

"He's taking a leave of absence, remember? After Nightwing...died?" Jaime hesitated. 

"Oh...right." Bart replied. 

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to him about?" Jaime asked. 

"It's about Nightwing, actually." Bart said. 

"What about him?" Jaime asked. Bart got out his phone and showed him a picture. Jaime looked at it then gasped. It was the Reach MFD that Bart had found. 

"I know where he is. And he's NOT dead!" Bart said. 

                                                                              _______________________

"Are you certain this is no prank?" Aqualad asked Impulse and Blue Beetle after school. 

"I'm certain! Positive! 100%! Without a doubt!" Impulse answered. 

"I think he gets it, Hermano." Blue said. 

"And wait 'til Artemis hears about this!" Impulse said. 

"We will need coordinating from the cave, and if you will be leaving now, we need more people. But the rest of the team is unavailable." Aqualad said. Then they heard footsteps. 

"Except for us." Superboy said as he, Miss Martian, and Tigress walked in, "we were listening to everything. Don't you ever tell us anything anymore?" Superboy smirked. 

"Apologies. But I thought you all had studies." Aqualad apologized. 

"I'm willing to put Dick before my studying." M'gann said. 

"Me too. We need to get him back." Tigress said. 

"Beetle. Impulse. Will you two coordinate from the cave while we go out?" Aqualad asked. 

"You can count on us!" Impulse beamed. 

"Oh boy..." Blue gulped. 

"We got this! It's crash!" Impulse said. 

"Good. Let's go." Aqualad said as he led the team to the Bioship. 

"Let's go get Nightwing back." Tigress said as M'gann flew the Bioship out of the cave, then out of Earth's atmosphere, "you know, without you guys....I have no idea where I'd be. Who knows? I could be working with the Light or the Shadows, like my sister and dad." Tigress smiled. 

"I never thought of it often..." Superboy said.

"Hey, I almost died when you 'died'! You're my sister, remember? Ever since you joined the team five plus years ago." M'gann said. 

"Correct. The team, with the new members, we are all just great friends. But this group, with us senior members, we are family. We are one. And we are willing to risk our lives to save our family." Aqualad said, and they all smiled at each other. But then a sinister shadow loomed over the Bioship, and all their smiles disappeared. 

"We're here." M'gann announced as they went into camouflage mode and flew up to the blue ship in space, "welcome to the Reach ship." 

________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! 

Hope you enjoyed! 

Get ready for Episode/Chapter 23! The Reach Returns

Don't forget to vote, comment, and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!!! XD