Episode/Chapter 8 - Team Justice

Kara sat on a ledge at Mount Justice that overlooked the beach and the lake. The team was having a small beach party on the sand. She saw the smiles and laughter on all their faces, and it made her smile too, even though she wasn't down there herself.

"Why don't you come down?" a male voice asked from behind her. She turned and Jaime was standing behind her in his blue swimming trunks.

"I-I'd rather just stay up here and watch." Kara stuttered. Jaime walked up to her and sat down. He leaned back on his arms and watched the team with her.

"What's wrong?" Jaime was finally talked into asking her by his scarab. Kara looked at him quickly, then at her feet.

"It's nothing."

"Oh, it definitely is something, Hermana. Spill." Jaime looked at Kara intently, but not enough to scare her. She looked up at him, smiled, and sighed.

"That look..." Kara giggled.

"Works every time." Jaime replied with a smirk, earning him another giggle from Kara.

"Okay, you got me. But to be honest, I really don't know what's wrong with me." Kara said and looked up at Jaime for an answer.

"Maybe I could help." Jaime said and scooted an inch closer to her, making Kara smile again.

"Well, it feels really great to finally be here on Earth, but...I still feel...Empty somehow, like I'm missing something." Kara described.

"Is there anything or anyone you left behind recently? I don't know, like, on Krypton or something?"

"My items on Krypton were valueless, but leaving my family was hard. Of course I had a boyfriend...his name was Luke." Kara explained and looked back out at the water.

"'Was'?" Jaime asked. Kara nodded in response.

"Was. He....he died." Kara sighed, making Jaime's eyes open wide, "I just received the news last night. Which is why I can't be happy and celebrating with the rest of you." Kara said and looked out at the team, then back at the ocean. Her eyes getting glossy.

"H-have you considered asking someone on the team, I don't know, on a date?" Jaime asked as tears started streaming down her face.

"I wanted to ask Tim. As soon as I got here, he was one of the first few people I met. As soon as I laid eyes on him, I liked him just like that. But then I realized that he and Wonder Girl were together. Of course I tried extremely hard not to show it, which is why no one really noticed, and no one knows. Except for you." Kara answered. He felt really bad for her, but he never understood the feeling of losing a loved one, so he couldn't think of any other way to comfort her, so he wrapped his arms around her into a hug.

"It's okay, Kara. You're not alone. We're your family now. And trust me, you'll find someone who'll treat you better than Luke ever did. I mean...Luke must've been a really cool guy, but I'm sure there's someone, um, b-better out there...for you I mean!" Jaime struggled to find his words. He was surprised to hear small laughs coming from behind him. He let go of her and held her in front of him, to see that she was giggling.

"You're funny...and cute...thanks Jaime." Kara said and hugged him again, and he hugged her back. Then she gave him a kiss on his cheek, which surprised him even more. When Kara let go of him, she sat back down to see Jaime's face had gone completely bright pink. She smiled at him as she took his hand and got up.

"Come on!" Kara beamed.

"W-where are we going?" Jaime stuttered as he got up.

"Uh, down with the rest of the team? To party?" Kara asked, earning her a smirk from Jaime. But before they could go down and join the team, they heard Aqualad telling everyone to get to the mission room immediately.

______________________________

Once everyone suited up and got to the mission room, they were all surprised to see Batman and at the cave computer with the rest of the Justice League mentors. Most of the team were starting to get excited. Then Batman cleared his throat hushing the crowd of teens.

"So there have been recent reports of robots attacking local cities, ranging from Gotham City all the way to Mars, and it is up to us to stop the robots." Batman said.

"Us?!" Wonder Girl asked in excitement.

"That's correct. With robots attacking some of the major cities of the United States, the team will need some serious backup." Batman said and the team started whispering in excitement. This was, for a few of them, the first time working in a side by side mission with the Justice League. Batman cleared his throat again.

"We know you will need backup because referring back to the team's performance with only one of these robots, it took longer and more energy than expected." Then Batman pulled up pictures of the robot, and the six original members of the team gasped when they immediately recognized the robots as Professor Ivo's robots. They were called Amazo robots. They barely made it out of Gotham Academy unscathed from their last fight with one of these robots, and that was more than five years ago.

"How'd Professor Ivo even get out of Belle Reve Prison?!" Superboy asked.

"The Professor Ivo in prison was a robot." Batman explained.

"How long has he been out?" Aqualad asked.

"They're not sure. But they have a feeling that the robot was there the entire time. So in all that time we've thought he was in prison, which is about seven years, he's created hundreds maybe thousands of these Amazo robots, and he started unleashing them in all the major cities in the country." Batman said.

"Then what are we going to do?" Nightwing asked.

"We will split the team and the league into groups and send each group out to each city." Batman explained and pulled up a map of the world.

"The cities under attack are Gotham City, Metropolis, Central City, Star City, Washington DC, and Ivo somehow got robots down to Atlantis and out on Mars. They may be only five cities, one other area, and a planet, but there might be at least one hundred Amazo robots in each city, at least two to three hundred in Atlantis, and at most a thousand on Mars. This is a huge job. Even for just the League itself. Which is why this will be a side by side mission." Red Tornado said.

"Now, with that said, let's split up the teams." Batman said, and the teams were split up into the following (TL = Team Leader):

Gotham City: Batman (TL), Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, Green Lantern

Metropolis: Superman (TL), Superboy, Supergirl, Wolf, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl

Central City: Flash (TL), Impulse, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Guardian, Bumblebee

Star City: Green Arrow (TL), Black Canary, Artemis, Red Arrow, Arsenal, Hawkman, Hawkgirl

Washington DC: Icon (TL), Rocket, Zatanna, Black Lightning, Static, Captain marvel, Red Tornado

Atlantis: Aquaman (TL), Aqualad, Lagoon Boy, Beast Boy

Mars: Martian Manhunter (TL), Miss Martian, Captain Atom, Dr. Fate

"Team Leaders, report in." Batman said through the transmitter once he and his group arrived at Gotham City in chaos.

"Superman and his team have arrived at Metropolis and ready for action." Superman replied.

"Flash, Central City, and ready to roll." Flash replied.

"Green Arrow and team is in position and ready to kick some Amazo butt." Green Arrow snickered.

"Icon and team are in position and ready." Icon said.

"Martian Manhunter's team is ready on Mars." Martian Manhunter said.

"Aquaman and team are ready to fight down here." Aquaman said.

"Then let's get this party started." Batman said as he cracked his knuckles.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun." Nightwing muttered to himself as he got out his two black metal batons.

"Let's go!" Batgirl called as she flew off the building followed by the rest of her team and kicked a few Amazo robots on her way down.

- To be continued! :D -