Episode/Chapter 16 - Boys vs. Girls

"Pfft...I don't need her help..." Wonder Girl muttered to herself as she flew through the halls. Suddenly she heard a familiar sound: the sound of metal discs flying through the air. 

"Tim?" Wonder Girl called. Suddenly a disc hit her at the back of her head. She fell forward and landed on her hands and knees. Then she saw someone standing in front of her. She looked up and she saw Lagoon Boy. 

"La'gann? Where's Robin?" Wonder Girl asked. Instead of answering, he punched her. When she fell back, she looked up and she saw Robin standing behind her. 

"Tim!" Wonder Girl beamed and tried getting up, but before she could stand, Robin kicked her, causing her to fly back and hit the wall. She slowly struggled to her feet and saw Lagoon Boy and Robin walking up to her. 

"I don't want to have to do this, but I think I have to." Wonder Girl said as she grabbed her golden lasso and prepared to fight. 

________________________

"Where are the boys? I wish Miss M. were here to make my life so much easier." Bumblebee said to herself as she flew through the empty halls. Suddenly, she ran into someone, and it was Guardian. 

"Mal! Thank goodness I found you!" Bumblebee sighed. But he didn't respond and he just stood there, "um, Mal? Is everything alright?" Then she realized what was wrong. But before she could act, Guardian slapped Bumblebee and she hit a wall and fell to the ground. Guardian walked up to her and lifted his foot to step on her. Bumblebee groaned and looked up at the bottom of his foot. 

"Oh no you don't!" Bumblebee said and she shot the bottom of his feet. He grunted and fell back. 

"This is so hard to do. Especially with a tiny bee like me against a giant like Mal. Man, now I wish we hadn't split up!" Bumblebee said as she got up and flew above Guardian ready to attack. 

__________________________

Artemis stomped down the hallway as she grumbled to herself. 

"Ugh...who needs Batgirl? Without her, the team could do so much better." Artemis grumbled. Suddenly an arrow flew past her face, "whoa!" Artemis stopped dead in her tracks. She looked around confused where the arrow came from. Then she looked to her right down the hallway and she saw Arsenal holding up his crossbow. 

"Arsenal?!" Artemis called, but then she heard electricity crackling behind her. She turned around just in time to see Static shooting a lightning bolt at her. She jumped out of the way and reached for an arrow from her quiver. She quickly drew back her bow and shot the arrow at Static, but Static immediately used his electricity to catch the arrow and throw it back at her. Artemis gasped when the arrow shot back at her and exploded in front of her. She fell to the ground and looked up at both boys. 

>> Argh! I would call for back-up, but who would I call for help? Guess I'm going solo on this one. << Artemis thought to herself as she drew her bow back again and shot another arrow. 

___________________________

 "Did you really mean everything you said to them earlier?" Blue Beetle asked Batgirl as they walked through the hallway. 

"Of course not. It all just fell out of my mouth. I kind of lost control of myself at that time." Batgirl chuckled, "what about you and Kara? We saw everything. Were you guys...fighting?"