Episode/Chapter 7 - The Flying Graysons

"So, how are you feeling?" Nightwing asked as he walked through the door of his and Artemis' house in Palo Alto.

"A little better. My headache is gone." Artemis said as she turned the tv off. She sat on the couch and Nightwing sat down next to her. She leaned on him and rested her head on his shoulder. About a few hours ago, Artemis went shopping with Miss Martian and Supergirl, but they ended up getting knocked out. She stayed home and slept or watched tv the rest of the day.

"I'm glad to see you're feeling better." Nightwing smiled, wrapped his arm around her and kissed her.

"Well, I have been pretty sleepy today. So I should head to bed already." Artemis said as she got up and went to the bedroom, then she turned to him, "are you coming?" Nightwing shook his head.

"I have a personal mission with Batman tonight. As much as I'd love to, I have work."

"Oh, that's a shame..." Artemis smirked and walked into the bedroom and fell on the bed. Nightwing groaned.

"Don't tease me, Arty! I have to go!"

"Fine. Maybe tomorrow then? Just be careful. Okay?" Artemis asked and walked up to him giving him a hug, then a quick kiss. Then she walked back to the bedroom and shut the door behind her. Nightwing walked to the door and opened it, but was startled when he saw Robin and Batgirl standing at the door.

"You weren't planning on leaving us behind were you?" Batgirl asked as she put her hands on her hips. Nightwing crossed his arms.

"Come on, Dick! You know you want to let us come along!" Robin smirked, earning him a groan from Nightwing.

"Fine." Nightwing finally answered and walked past them and out to the Batmobile where Batman was waiting.

"You really wanted them to come along didn't you?" Nightwing asked Batman as all three of them got in. Batman nodded and started up the Batmobile.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Batman asked.

"Positive." Nightwing replied. Robin looked at him.

"But you're past--"

"Is far behind me. Besides, I should get over my fears." Nightwing interrupted. Robin looked at Batgirl, who shrugged.

"Well, here we go." Batman said and he turned on his GPS tracker. They followed the radar until what they were tracking had stopped. They parked the Batmobile about a mile away where no one could see it. Then they peeked out of a cluster of nearby bushes at the Haly Traveling Circus tents and the train.

"So, remind us why we're here again?" Robin asked. Nightwing pulled up his wrist holographic computer.

"The Haly Traveling Circus is a world-wide traveling circus that travels around the world, making it the perfect train for traveling everywhere to steal weapons." Nightwing said.

"Although the team did eliminate the Parasite about six years ago, there have been a few coincidental New Genesis Tech robberies in the secured warehouses in the ares. Nightwing has convinced me to help him prove that Haly is clean and that there is no reason for the circus' closure." Batman concluded.

"Wait, New Genesis Tech? That red glowing tech that Superboy was messing with?" Robin asked.

"A little like that..." Nightwing said as he looked through his binoculars at the site.

"Sphere is New Genesis Tech." Batgirl told Robin.

"Okay, all clear. Let's go." Nightwing whispered, and they all snuck closer.