Episode/Chapter 24 - The End?

"Does this mean you want your suit back?" Bart asked Wally back at the cave.

"Nah. Keep it. I'll figure something else out. Besides, it looks pretty good on you." Wally smiled as he held up the suit in front of Bart

"Wow. Thanks KF. It really means a lot to me, you know." Bart beamed then he ran up closer to him using his super speed and wrapped his arms around him, "it's so crash to have you back! I promise I'll make you proud!"

"Ha. Thanks. You know, I really missed this place." Then they heard Artemis and Dick walk in. He turned to them, then he ran up to Artemis, who was holding a plate full of food.

"Whoa, Arty. You won't be able to finish all that by yourself you know..." Wally smirked.

"I know. I won't be able to finish it. But I'm sure you will." Artemis laughed as she handed him the plate.

"Wow, Babe. You have no idea how much I missed this..." Wally smiled as he started eating, "and for a year!" Wally said as he swallowed a piece of pizza.

"Should we tell him?" Dick asked.

"Tell me what?" Wally asked.

"Um...while you were gone..." Artemis said.

"Yeah? What happened?" Wally asked.

"A lot happened while you were gone, Wally." Dick said.

"One of them...uh...Dick and I...." Artemis said, and she didn't even have to finish her sentence.

"What?!" Wally said.

"Look, we had no idea you were still alive, and trust me. I've been crying over you for a year now, and I knew I had to move on." Artemis said, "but I never officially broke up with you, and now that you're back, I don't even know what to do." Artemis said. Dick looked at her, then to Wally.

"Look. Just to make things easier..." Dick said, "She's yours man. Originally. You can take her back."

"What?!" Artemis asked.

"It's okay. You two are still a couple. No one ever ended it. We just started a new one. Go ahead." Dick smiled. Artemis walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"Thank you." She said. Then she stepped back and Wally walked up to him.

"Dog." Waly smirked. Dick chuckled, then Wally gave him a hug too, "dude. Thanks for taking care of her all this time."

"It's great to have you back, Pal." Dick said as he hugged him back. Then Wally walked over to Artemis.

"Let's go get you settled back at home." Artemis said as she and Wally headed to a Zeta Tube. Before they disappeared, Artemis turned back to Dick ans waved, and he smiled in response. Then the Zeta tube took them back to Palo Alto. And a few seconds later, Dick found himself standing alone in the mission briefing room. He let out a huge sigh.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked from behind him. He turned around, then let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey Babs." He said as Barbara walked up to him, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He said.

"You have that look again...the same look you had after Zatanna dumped you...then Rocket...then me..." Barbara said.

"Now Artemis. You know me too well." Dick said. Barbara walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"It's okay. You've lost so many, you've just learned to move on when they leave." Barbara said.

"But she didn't leave me. I broke up with her." Dick said.

"Wow...usually it's the girl...why?"

"Now that Wally's back, I don't see why I should continue to date her when her real boyfriend is here now." Dick answered.

"Okay...I see your point." Barbara said as she stepped back a little. Then she crossed her arms and looked at the ground, "uh, Dick...you do know why I broke up with you in the first place?"

"I think you said why, but I never really understood what you meant..." Dick said.

"What part of 'because you kissed Zatanna' do you not understand?!" Barbara asked.

"No, I understood that part, loud and clear. It was the second part." Dick said.

"'For the sake of the team.' Because I wouldn't want the team to get in the way of our relationship, and I wouldn't want our relationship to get in the way of the team." Barbara said

"Well, I mean, I wouldn't either, but we could both make sure that doesn't happen." Dick said.

"Are you saying that you want to start over again?" Barbara asked.

"I mean, I'm willing to, if you want to." Dick answered.

"Actually, I'd love to." Barbara smiled as they hugged each other.

"I'm glad you're not actually dead..." Barbara said, "I've loved you for a while now, actually." Barbara chuckled.

"Wow...I never realized." Dick said.

"Well, Bruce gave us that week off...what do you want to do?" Barbara asked.

"The entire team was invited to a movie premiere. Even Jason, Steph, and the Titans were invited."

"Great. It's 9:30 right now...we'll leave in five. I need to go get ready." Barbara said as she and Dick walked through the Zeta Tube.

- To be Continued! -