Episode/Chapter 7 - The Flying Graysons Part 3

Nightwing cringed as Fear continued to kiss him. He tasted her sweet lips and couldn't help but kiss back, but that was his first mistake. When he kissed her back, he allowed her to file through all his memories and greatest fears. Then he heard Fear in his mind.

I'm here, Dick. And now I know all about you. Right now, I know you want to pull away...but you just can't!

>> No! Get out! << Dick yelled in his mind.

Hmmm, let me think...no. Now...oh! How about that? Let's see the day when Artemis dumps you, no, the day when Artemis is actually killed in the line of duty? Aww, that's so sad! And very depressing...

>> No...stop... I can't take it...nghh... << Dick struggled to get her of of his conscience.

You also appear to be afraid of betraying your own team! Especially since you're the leader. It also scares you if it's like you've been pushed back into your own body and trapped, watching yourself betray your team.

>> Fear! Stop! << Dick groaned.

Ah, here we go. The killer...you're most afraid of...your past. You're afraid of coming here...You're afraid that what happened at Haly's Circus will come back to haunt you some day. Well, I'm sorry to tell you lover boy, but that day may be today.

>> STOP! << Dick groaned and held his head.

You let everyone down, you let the team down, Batman, Wally, Artemis, yourself, even your parents...you let them ALL down. DICK GRAYSON........................

Fear's voice faded off as images appeared in Nightwing's mind...images and replays of his past at Haly's Circus when he performed with his family as a Flying Grayson, his memories with his parents, his memories when he was young, then him when his parents died, then when he met Batman, then Wally, and then when the team was formed, when he met Artemis and saw her at Gotham Academy, when he made his deal with Aqualad, when Wally died, when he left the team for a year, and when he got his concussion just a few days ago. Suddenly his entire mind flashed white, and he suddenly found himself in the middle of nowhere...he fell to his knees and clenched his hands into fists.

You let EVERYONE down! You useless...playboy...your parents died because of YOU! Wally died because of YOU! Maybe the team really WAS a joke and that you all would've been better off not even meeting each other. Maybe you and Artemis WEREN'T meant to be, and maybe she would've been better off dating Wally, or not even meeting you at all in the first place! Maybe you in this world was your parents' first mistake....the world doesn't need Robin....Nightwing....or Dick Grayson....

Fear's voice echoed through the sudden and void darkness of Nightwing's mind. He clutched his head and let out a piercing scream.

____________________________

"GET OUT!!" Dick yelled. Suddenly, he snapped into reality and sat up. He found himself in bed, panting. He looked around and recognized that he was in bed back at home in Palo Alto. He rubbed his forehead, almost drenched in sweat. He heard Artemis peek into the room.

"Hey, Sweetie. How are you feeling?" Artemis asked as she walked into the room with a glass of water and a wet hand towel. She put the glass and the towel on the side table and sat on the bed next to him.

"Thanks. Oh man, what happened?" Dick asked.

"Batgirl called the cave earlier this morning. She told us you guys were definitely going to need backup, and a way home. So we went and found Batgirl dragging out Robin, Batman, and you. This was, like, eleven hours ago..." Artemis explained as she rubbed his bare back, "although Batgirl was trying to do something to you, I couldn't really see what it was, but she told me that that girl was doing something to you that we didn't even want to know what...Batgirl almost ripped off the other girl's head for what she was doing to you. So what really happened? What do you remember?"

"I remember now! Where's Batman and Robin?" Dick asked.

"Chill! They're back at the cave. They've been taken care of. Don't worry." Artemis reassured him, "now answer my question Babe." Dick sighed.

"That girl, Fear. She knows my greatest fears...she put those images in my head..." Dick muttered.

"How?" Artemis asked.

"It was her kiss...but I didn't want it to happen! I swear! I was tied up!" Dick immediately added.

"That must've been what Batgirl didn't want me to know..." Artemis thought out loud, Dick shrugged responding to her thought, "oh, Dick. I'm so sorry." Artemis apologized and wrapped her arms around him, then he looked at her in confusion, "those images you were talking about...from your past?"

"Yeah. That and another." Dick replied. Artemis looked at him in confusion. She's only known about one fear that has haunted him for a long time, "betraying the team and losing you." Artemis' eyes filled with tears.

"Oh, Dick! You're not going to lose me or the team. I promise." Artemis promised.

__________________________

"So it's done?" Vandal Savage asked the Riddler and Fear in one of their digital Light conferences.

"It's done. Nightwing is now under a LOT of mental pain right now. We also had time to plant this on him." The Riddler said and held up a tiny GPS Tracker for Savage to see on one of the many monitors.

"Promise me no one has HIVs? Wouldn't want to waste the Light's budget on unneeded Medical Bills." Lex Luthor snickered specifically to Fear.

"Oh please. I'm clean. I got the job done, and had some unknown pleasures in the bargain. It was a double win. Unfortunately the Batgirl Brat caught me. I warned her not to tell anyone, especially his girlfriend, or I'd come after her next." Fear said.

"Anyways, the most important part is that now we know everything about this Dick Grayson, giving us ideas about what we should do next. And I have a very good feeling about this. Good work." Savage congratulated Fear and Riddler. They all chuckled in a sinister manner. They were ready for the next phase.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for the awkward Fear moments....but picture Fear as a hot sinister woman. newest member of the Light.

Comment and criticize, so I know how to fix stuff! Brace yourselves for Episode/Chapter 8! Team Justice! Don't forget to share, comment, and criticize! :D