Episode/Chapter 5 - Unexpected Visitor

"I'm glad we can do this together again!" Megan laughed as she hopped down the sidewalk with Artemis and Zatanna. 

"We almost died when you died!" Zatanna said to Artemis as she twirled her shopping bag on her wrist. 

"I missed this too!" Artemis smiled as she transferred her shopping bags from her right arm to her left. The three friends decided to go shopping in their free time. They haven't been shopping together in a while, so they really enjoyed it. Then Artemis' phone went off. She checked the caller ID and she smiled. 

"Ooh! She's getting a call from her boyfriend!" Megan smiled. Zatanna smiled and peeked over Artemis' shoulder at her phone. 

"Answer it!" Zatanna said. 

"What do you think I was going to do? Ignore it?!" Artemis asked and answered the call, "Hey Babe!" 

"Hey Arty. Where are you right now?" Dick asked.

"Shopping with M'gann and Zatanna. Why? Is something wrong?" Artemis asked. 

"Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to call and tell you that you girls have a mission briefing in ten. Zee can join if she wants to." Dick said. Artemis turned to Zatanna, who started giving two thumbs up and nodding. 

"She really wants to." Artemis replied.

"Okay, good. I just wanted to call about that and tell you that I love you. Never got to today." Dick said. Artemis could almost hear him smiling through the phone. 

"Well, I love you too, Sweetie! How are you feeling?" Artemis asked.

"Much better. Thanks. So briefing in ten?" Dick asked. 

"Yep. Thanks!" 

"Okay. Love you!" 

"Love you too!" Artemis replied and smiled as she hung up. 

"Aww..." Zatanna smirked.

"You really love each other, huh?" Megan asked. 

"We do." Artemis smiled, "but we have to go now. We have a mission briefing in ten back at the cave." Artemis said as she dragged the other two down the sidewalk. 

___________________________________

"Thanks for being here. Sorry to bother whatever plans you had." Aqualad apologized once Artemis, M'gann, Zatanna, and Batgirl got there. 

"We weren't really doing anything that mattered more than a mission. Right?" Batgirl asked the rest of the girls, who all nodded in agreement. 

"Good. Now before we get to the mission, we have a visitor. So ladies, please welcome your new teammate." Aqualad said as Superboy and Superman entered. They all turned to them, and when Superboy stepped to the side, they saw a hot teen with blonde hair wearing a half-cut pink tank top and jean shorts. Superman stepped forward. 

"This is Supergirl. She's my..." 

"Cousin." Supergirl finished Superman's sentence. 

"Mine too. She's from Krypton, just like Superman." Superboy added. Artemis smiled.