Episode/Chapter 9 - The Savage Six Part 2

"Are you certain this plan will work?" Aqualad asked Nightwing as he watched him pull up a communication system on the cave computer.
"It should." Nightwing replied and finished typing. Then he heard a beeping tone on the computer, then sounds crackling, then a voice spoke.
"Uh, hello? Who is this and how'd you find this frequency?" The voice asked.
"This is Nightwing from the year 2017. I believe Starfire has told you about me." Nightwing said.
"Oh! Nightwing! Starfire has told me a lot about you!" The voice answered.
"I thought so. And you must be Robin." Nightwing said.
"Yep. This is Robin. Dick Grayson." Robin trusted Nightwing with his identity knowing that they have the same name.
"Well, coincidentally, this is Nightwing. Also Dick Grayson." Nightwing smiled.
"Let's get back on track please." Aqualad whispered.
"Right. Sorry. Robin, the main reason I called was because we're having some problems here right now." Nightwing said.
"Well, I'd definitely be willing to help, but, how exactly?" Robin asked.
"Well, do you know the Savage Six?" Nightwing asked. Silence, "the H.I.V.E. Five plus Jinx?"
"Oh! Yes!" Robin said, understanding their original name better.
"Well, they made their way here to the future and they're planning to wreck havoc with three of the strongest members of the Light. One of those members, Klarion, created a barrier around the time machine that can only be destroyed from the inside." Nightwing explained.
"I think I see where this is going." Robin said, "You want me to go find the time machine, get to the future, and destroy the time machine? All simple. But how will I get back?" Robin asked.
"You don't have to destroy the portal, and we could always reopen one for you. But we'd really appreciate your help." Nightwing said. Robin was silent for a moment, probably thinking about what to do. Suddenly, Nightwing and Aqualad heard crashes and laughing.
"Hey, guys! Can you keep it down?!" Robin yelled.
"Whoa, sorry Robin. Wait, why? Who are you talking to? A girlfriend?" Another voice asked, suddenly followed by laughter. Then they heard growling, immediately assuming it was Robin.
"BEAST BOY!!!!!" He suddenly yelled.
"Hey Cyborg?! A little help here?!" They heard Beast Boy squeal.
"Sorry, Little Dude! Worry about your own problems." They heard someone else say. They assumed it was Cyborg.
"Jerks." They heard a dull female voice say.
"Hey, Raven. Stay away from here. They can hear you." Robin said.
"Who are you talking to?" Raven asked.
"Nightwing from the future." Robin answered. Suddenly they heard squealing and someone flying over.
"Nightwing?! Hello there! How are you today?" Nightwing heard a familiar voice.
"Hey Star! I'm great, thanks! How are you?"
"I am quite well, thank you!" Starfire said.
"So, I can easily track the time machine, go to the future, destroy the force field, help destroy the HIVE Five, and come back home with them all tied up to bring them to prison." Robin planned.
"Pretty much." Nightwing answered. Then he and Aqualad heard gasps.
"Can we come with?" Cyborg asked.
"You're definitely gonna need our help, Bro!" Beast Boy said.
"I would like to see the Nightwing once more!" Starfire said.
"Eh, I don't really care." Raven said.
"Uh...Nightwing?" Robin asked. Nightwing turned to Aqualad, who nodded.
"If they're friends of Robin's and Starfire's, then we can trust them. They can come." Nightwing said. Then there was an echo of cheers.
"Okay. See you later today, then. Just stick around the time machine, and you'll see us." Robin said.
"Thanks again, Robin. I really owe you one." Nightwing thanked.
"Heh, don't mention it! I'd really like to meet you in person. Plus, this could be really fun working with you guys!" Robin said.
"Me too." Nightwing smiled and turned off the communication stream and turned to Aqualad.
"You're sure we could trust them?" Aqualad asked.
"Of course." Nightwing said as they headed out of the mission room to take his squad back to Santa Prisca.
- To be continued -