Episode/Chapter 23 - The Reach Returns

Miss Martian parked the Bioship underneath the Reach ship, and they entered through the bottom, where, hopefully, no one would even suspect that they were there....but they were wrong.

"Blue, have you located him?" Aqualad asked on the comm.

"We brought in Zatanna...again. She located him and we have our eyes on his location on the ship right now." Blue replied.

"Good. Lead the way." Aqualad said.

"It will most likely be heavily guarded, so be aware." Impulse said.

"Stay whelmed." Superboy said.

"Wait....that's weird...turns out there's someone else too...we don't know who it is, though." Blue said.

"It could just be an innocent civilian. We'll rescue him too." Aqualad said.

"Um, you guys might wanna get going." Impulse said.

"Reach soldiers right behind you." Blue said. They all turned around and saw about eight Reach soldiers.

"Wow...could've warned us sooner?" Tigress asked.

"Sorry." Blue apologized.

"Never mind that now. We must fight." Aqualad said.

"To get Dick back." Tigress said as she drew her sword.

"Let's do this." Aqualad said. Then they all ran up to the army and easily took them out in less than a minute.

"Okay. Make a left and go up the stairs." Blue said. They followed his directions and soon they found themselves hiding behind a wall, because on the other side, they could see a large group of Reach soldiers, and they knew among that group was the Reach Ambassador, his head Scientist, and Black Beetle, only he still didn't have any armor.

"Ambassador, go get another test ready. Our MFD has landed." The scientist said.

"Of course." The Ambassador bowed before her and walked out of the room.

>> So I guess the Reach Scientist became the new leader. << M'gann said.

>> But what does she mean when she says the MFD landed? << Superboy asked.

>> Does that mean that that huge twister thing was caused by the MFD too?! Just like in Antarctica when--<<

>> Shh... << Aqualad shushed M'gann midsentence.

"So we have more meat?" Black Beetle asked.

"Indeed. We will test it immediately." Scientist said.

>> That's Dick. I just know it. << Tigress said.

"But this new meat is exactly the same as the other meat." Black Beetle said.

"That inference is incorrect, Beetle. This new meat has no powers of any sort." Scientist said.

>> What? Does that mean the other civilian on this ship has superpowers? << M'gann asked.

>> That is very possible. << Aqualad said.

"It's a very good thing this meat isn't as problematic as the other one." Black Beetle said.

"Indeed." Scientist said as the two of them walked into a Reach Lab. The door locked and there were guards in front of the doors.

>> They're in there. << Superboy said.