Episode/Chapter 18 - The Light and the Dark Part 2

"That's stupid. Why don't they just fly over the water?" Kara asked in disbelief as she sat on the floor with Jaime, Dick, Artemis, Conner, and M'gann watching American Ninja Warrior in the living room.

"Because...they don't have superpowers. That's what makes the whole thing challenging." Jaime answered as he put his arm around her and pulled her closer to him.

"I'd be able to do that course in fifteen seconds tops." Kara said.

"I'm sure you would." Jaime smiled.

"It'd take me an hour." Artemis laughed.

"That's not true." Dick said as he pulled Artemis onto his lap.

"Easy for you to say! You're an acrobat!" Artemis said as she rested her head on his chest.

"Well, running up the wall at the end might pose a problem, but Conner would have no problem with that at all." Dick said as he turned to Conner.

"Eh, but M'gann could easily fly right through the entire course. Literally." Conner said as he pulled M'gann closer to him and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Aw, Conner. You're too kind. But you'd be able to do SOO well! I don't have any muscles." M'gann said. Then Jaime turned to Kara.

"I'm sure you'd be able to win the show so easily." Jaime said.

"That's not true." Kara laughed. Suddenly they heard the garage front entrance open and close.

"Wonder who that is." Dick said as he looked down the hallway from where he was sitting.

"I really don't want to get up and check right now." Conner said and remained seated.

"Okay, then I'll go." Dick said as he started getting up with Artemis still on his lap.

"No! Don't get up yet! I want to lay here with you a little while longer." Artemis smiled as she snuggled into his chest.

"May I remind you that you're the one who actually gets to lie down on top of me." Dick said as he picked her up bridal style and threw her onto the couch behind them. Then he went down the hallway to see who entered the cave, leaving Artemis laughing on the couch.

"Can you lift me?" Kara asked Jaime as she sat on his lap.

"I don't know...let's find out." Jaime smirked as he picked her up bridal style and held her.

"That's a yes!" Kara laughed as she held onto him tight. Then she turned his face and gave him a light kiss. But their romantic moment was suddenly interrupted.

"Team, get to the mission briefing room, NOW!" Dick yelled over the cave PA system.

____________________________

"How'd THEY get in here?!" Conner asked as the six of them surrounded their unwanted visitors.

"Superboy, we do not wish to harm any of you...for now. We are here to talk about Klarion." Savage said as he and his little posse of villains rose their hands up in peace.

"And why should we trust you?!" Artemis asked as she held her bow and arrow up and ready to shoot.

"Because the enemy of our enemy is our friend, is it not?" Lex Luthor asked. Then they all looked at each other, and Dick nodded.

"He proves a point. We can trust them. But keep an open mind." Dick said, and Artemis lowered her bow.

"Now why do you come to us? Isn't the Justice League a better option for you?" Jaime asked.