Part 31

Since Wes had left her alone, Emma hadn't stopped fighting to get free of her binds. Wes had chained her to a concrete floor with iron shackles. She hissed in pain as the chains hit her forearm as she struggled. She gave up and sat back, let out a sigh of exhaustion and pain.

There was just enough chain for her to sit down on the rough, cold, concrete floor, she balled herself up and closed her eyes tightly, praying that Stefan or Caroline would notice something was wrong. Or Sam and Dean would get worried when she didn't call them. That Damon would wake up from what ever crazy ride he was currently on and find her.

At that moment she would have don't anything to feel his arms around her, comforting her, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. She felt herself begin to cry and touched her hand to her cheek, shocked to see her finger tips were wet.

Every single 'what if' hit her all at once. What if she had stayed that afternoon and given Damon a chance to explain? What if she hadn't gotten caught up in the moment and kissed Matt? What if she had used every ounce of strength she had and forced Damon to come with her instead of letting him leave with Enzo?

A sob escaped her lips as she hid her face in the nook of her arm.

_______

"Have you found her yet?" Caroline asked Stefan over the phone.

Stefan leaned against his car frustrated at the state of things, "No Caroline, I haven't found them yet. And I ran into a bit of a snag. My car broke."

Caroline was instantly suspicious, "Stefan, that doesn't make any sense, your car is in mint condition."

"Yeah, I know," Stefan was trying his best not to take out his frustration on Caroline, "there is a mechanic here who can have it fixed pretty quickly, then we are back on the road. The last victim wasn't too far from here, so he can't be far behind that."

Caroline closed her eyes to hold back her tears, "I'm worried about Emma."

Stefan let out a deep breath, "Me too. I'll find her. If nothing else, I'm going to bring her home."

________

Emma glared at Dr. Maxfield as he approached her with another syringe of iron. She had been fighting off his advances for thirty minutes and he still hadn't given up. As he tried to close the gap again, Emma kicked his hand as hard as she could, forcing the syringe out of it and sending it to shatter on the floor.

"Remind me to make your chains shorter next time," Wes looked at her exasperated.

Emma smirked, the longer she could keep him from injecting her with anything, the longer she had to get her strength back. She knew that with the iron chains on she was limited to what she could do, but sending a fire ball his way again was becoming her new favorite thought.

"How is that burn treating you?" Emma taunted Wes, "You should probably go put some sort of burn medication on before that before it scars."

Wes glared at her for a moment before smiling, "I saw your boy-toy a little bit ago. He is itching to find you. Unfortunately, he is also itching to eat his best friend, so it might be awhile."

Emma pulled at the chains angrily as she tried to get closer to Wes before he had time to get a new syringe, "What did you do?!"

"I put him back into the Augustine program, sorta, he is a modified vampire. A...ripper, I belief you call them."

Emma pulled on her chains harder, the anchor points in the concrete held tight against her strength.

_________