Part 49

Emma let out a frustrated groan as she forced herself in-between two walls of the caverns under the town. On the other side of the narrow walk-through was another large and empty cave. She threw her hands up in anger but kept walking. Emma was on the search for the true bodies of the Travelers that inhibited the townsfolk of Mystic Falls.

For four days they had been searching for Stefan and Elena. For four days Damon had been torturing every Traveler he could get his hands on.

No one was sure how they had managed to get past all of them and kidnap both of them without notice. Not to mention, Matt and Jeremy had failed at getting any information from the Traveler inside of Tyler and now Tyler was completely overtaken by Julian, perhaps permanently. He was now a captive in the boarding house cell.

The sound of her ringtone reverberating through the caverns made Emma jump slightly. She rolled her eyes at herself and answered and continued walking.

"Hello beautiful," Damon greeted her.

Emma smiled, "Hey handsome."

"I have some good news."

"Oh yeah? I could use it."

"I just got a collect call from Stefan. Him and Elena are lost, but they are out of the hands of the wanna be witches."

"Collect calls are still a thing?"

"That's what I said! How goes the quest?"

"Cold, damp, and empty."

Emma stepped into the next cave and was greeted with a pleasant surprise, the bodies of the Travelers.

Emma smiled, "I take that back, I also have good news. I found them."

"Well then," Emma could almost hear Damon's brain scheming, "I'll be there shortly with baby Gilbert and the quarterback."

__________

"I'm adding carrying things to the list of things you can't do well. I guess you can just pay me back with your salary from the Grill, if you want to work for a couple thousand years," Damon chided Matt after he accidentally knocked over a priceless vase as he was carrying in the last body.

Matt rolled his eyes, "I can't believe Emma agreed to marry a dick like you."

"Well I mean, clearly mine is-"

Emma interrupted before Damon could make the joke that would have a fifteen year old fall to the ground in laughter, "Knock it off. Both of you."

Caroline walked up from the basement and looked around with wide eyes as she mentally tallied up the amount of bodies.

"What the hell is going on? Who are all these people?" She asked.

"Traveler husk," Damon answered, "They've passengered themselves into the beautiful citizens of Mystic Falls."

Emma looked back at Matt and Jeremy, "Can you guys go keep an eye out for anything weirder than normal? Give me a call if you need backup."

Matt nodded and smile at Emma before leaving with Jeremy. Emma turned back to the conversation with Caroline and Damon.

"What are you planning on doing with all of them?" Caroline continued her line of questioning.

"Well," Damon crossed his arms and looked round at his handiwork, "Markos put them in a cave, I'm hoping he wants them back."

Caroline mirrored Damon's stance, but hers was more aggressive, "So you think luring him to the house is a good idea?"

"It's the only idea!" Damon threw his hands up before walking over to the bar, "Unless your body snatched ex-boyfriend in the basement can help us."