CHAPTER 1: I HAVE A BOYFRIEND

Jiang City; late autumn; five-thirty in the afternoon.

At some point during the day, the sun was swallowed by thick clouds, struggling to pierce them with its mighty rays.

Zheng Shuyi had been resting her head on the table for a long time, and cold sweat had been swarming out from her forehead.

A crisp ringtone, sounding extraordinarily out of place in the room full of repetitive keyboard typing sounds, pulled Zheng Shuyi back to reality.

"Hello, are you Reporter Zheng Shuyi from 'Finance Weekly'?"

Zheng Shuyi was still resting her head on the table while answering the phone, "Yes, and you are?"

"I'm Chen Sheng, the office assistant of the CEO at Mingyu Bank. A month ago, you scheduled an interview with Mr. Shi Yan, and the scheduled time is tomorrow. Do you still remember?"

Zheng Shuyi sat up instantly and straightened her back.

Of course, she remembered this.

The name "Shi Yan" had been through her ears countless times for the past few weeks.

At first, he was famous for being a new figure in the industry, entering as the son of the renowned economist Shi Wenguang, who owns the Mingyu Corporation.

After studying abroad in Europe, he returned and took over Mingyu Bank, a private commercial bank under the Mingyu Corporation.

For many leaders in the industry, this didn't seem to be a wise move for the Mingyu Corp, because the bank's operating status was already in jeopardy. Some economists even commented that Shi Wenguang was using this half-wasted subsidiary as a practice tool for his son to play around with.

However, after Shi Yan took the CEO position in Mingyu Bank, he swiftly solved the bank's problems with over-reliance on deposits and high-risk loaning. He went straight for the risk management and control mechanism by reforming the core principles of the company, turning the bank from the verge of bankruptcy back to profiting.

At the age of 27, Shi Yan had already become the center of attention of the entire financial industry. He received numerous praises from respectable figures, and the CEO hotline of Mingyu Bank was flooded with requests for interviews.

Although his fame spread like wildfire, there were few valuable interviews and reports about him.

Even most mainstream media could hardly get a proper interview. Just a few words from his mouth could easily be enough to hit the headlines of major news networks.

This interview opportunity was certainly a rare instance that the editor-in-chief of the magazine got after putting in large efforts and help from multiple parties.

When the editor-in-chief gave this task to Zheng Shuyi, the whole reporters' department was envious of her.

Just by having the name "Shi Yan" could attract so much media attention, not to mention the reporters who could get hold of a proper interview with him.

But now, this phone call made Zheng Shuyi's heart racing. She asked carefully, "Have there been any changes?"

"So," said Chen Sheng, "the interview is originally scheduled for nine o'clock tomorrow morning, but Mr. Shi has some personal business to deal with, so he will not have time tomorrow."

"Then how about..."

"Sorry, but his schedule is filled for the next few days," Chen Sheng interrupted, "Is it okay to delay the interview for another week?"

NO.

Timeliness was critical to any financial interview. Who would want to read about some news that happened more than a week ago?